The official metal 2010 thread!

HELRUNAR have just recently finished recording their fourth album, "Sól," which due to its length is going to be released in two parts entitled "Sól I - Der Dorn im Nebel" and "Sól II - Zweige der Erinnerung" respectively. Skald Draugir is very excited about the long-awaited follow-up to "Baldr Ok Íss": "'Sól' is going to be our darkest and most nihilistic, but also our most spiritual work to date! On two albums with altogether around 100 minutes playing time, we will take new paths music-wise and lyrics-wise, while our roots are still very much Black Metal. Musically, we are putting an emphasis on atmosphere and an emotional arc of suspense on 'Sól,' lending a certain epic broadness to the tracks."
At the end of August, Skald Draugir and Alsvartr are going to return once more to the Klangschmiede Studio E to put the finishing touches to the double album. The release of "Sól" is still scheduled for 2010!

Amorphis - Magic and Mayhem
Tales from the Early Years

talesearly.jpg

Released: September 17, 2010
Label: Nuclear Blast

1. Magic And Mayhem
2. Vulgar Necrolatry
3. Into Hiding
4. Black Winter Day
5. On Rich And Poor
6. Exile Of The Sons Of Uisliu
7. The Castaway
8. Song Of The Troubled One
9. Sign From The North Side
10. Drowned Maid
11. Against Widows
12. My Kantele​

talesearly.jpg

1. Magic And Mayhem
2. Vulgar Necrolatry
3. Into Hiding
4. Black Winter Day
5. On Rich And Poor
7. The Castaway
10. Drowned Maid
11. Against Widows
12. My Kantele​

No need for this if one owns the first two records.

l_9aa0fe87218c427ba2ac45c0bed6cb9c.jpg

Triptykon, the group formed by former Hellhammer/Celtic Frost singer, guitarist, and main songwriter Tom Gabriel Warrior, is to follow its highly acclaimed debut album “Eparistera Daimones” with the release of "Shatter", an all-new 5-track EP, on October 25 (Europe) and 26 (North America), 2010.

At a playing time of approximately 28 minutes, "Shatter" will consist almost entirely of previously unreleased music. The EP's track listing is as follows:

1. "Shatter"
2. "I Am The Twilight"
3. "Crucifixus"
(Recorded during the "Eparistera Daimones" album sessions in 2009. "Crucifixus" appears in a newly mixed and mastered version.)

4. "Circle Of The Tyrants" (Live)
5. "Dethroned Emperor" (Live)
(Cover versions of Celtic Frost songs, recorded live during Triptykon's headliner performance at the Roadburn Festival in Tilburg, The Netherlands, on April 16, 2010. "Dethroned Emperor" features guest lead vocals by Nocturno Culto of Darkthrone/Sarke.)

Triptykon's "Shatter" EP will be available through Century Media Records (under license from Prowling Death Records Ltd.) as CD, digital download, and 12" vinyl (at 33⅓ rpm). The EP will further contain the lyrics to all songs as well as detailed liner notes and credits.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=380758931&blogId=538088355

Pretty kickarse, there's some really great riffs in there and the clean vocals are pretty well done (but not overdone) too. The only thing I think would make it better is if they actually integrated some of the piano sections into the rest of the album. Having the classical piano parts at the same time as the death metal could sound absolutely phenomenal if done well. At the moment it kind of sounds like Beethoven randomly coming up on shuffle in between some metal songs.

Also, new Maiden has leaked and after a few listens, it's decent but not spectacular. Like most of their later material, it's missing that 'Oomph' factor. The Satellite 15 intro works well because it actually builds some drama and tension but then becomes the boring-arsed title track, which is probably the worst track on the album. The other thing is Bruce actually sounds really good when he's not trying to belt out ridiculously huge notes (the first couple of minutes of Mother of Mercy for example). It's only on big notes where he sounds strained. Solos are good as usual. I might buy it if it grows on me but I'm definitely leaning toward the 'delete' option for this at the moment. I blindly bought the last few Maiden albums without listening to them first, and with the exception of a few tracks, just couldn't get into them. Although FF does seem better overall than DoD and AMoLaD.

Any other people's thoughts on The Final Frontier?...

talesearly.jpg

1. Magic And Mayhem
2. Vulgar Necrolatry
3. Into Hiding
4. Black Winter Day
5. On Rich And Poor
7. The Castaway
10. Drowned Maid
11. Against Widows
12. My Kantele​

Considering how the oldies sound live with Tomi, this is going to be awesome :cool:

Aborym's new album "Psychogrotesque" is set for a November 8th release :kickass:

September 2010 releases:

01.09 Atrocity - After The Storm
03.09 Blackmore's Night - Autumn Sky
03.09 Death Angel - Relentless Retribution
06.09 Oceansize - Self Preserved While The Bodies Float Up
07.09 Stone Sour - Audio Secrecy
10.09 Volbeat - Beyond Hell/Above Heaven
10.09 Circle II Circle - Consequence Of Power
10.09 Swashbuckle - Crime Always Pays
10.09 Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned
13.09 Vulture Industries - The Malefactor's Bloody Register
13.09 Goat The Head - Doppelgängers