The official metal 2010 thread!

17142.jpg

So excited.

Season of Mist is proud to welcome kult French black metallers DEATHSPELL OMEGA to the North American roster! On next November 9, the mysterious, meta-physical, black metal omega lords will unleash their fifth album, "Paracletus".

"Écailles de lune" has much more agressive dark parts (sounds like perfection), but thats lacking on "Souvenirs d'un autre monde". I hope their next installment will have even more of that. Just listen to this, for sure one of the greatest songs of 2010:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alcest started out boring and have gotten progressively more so with each release. Yeah okay you're 'shoegaze' whatever, last I checked shoegaze bands could write tightly composed pop tunes that don't consist of 10 minutes of aimless meandering, and both Bilinda Butcher and Rachel Goswell managed to pull off the ethereal vocals thing without sounding like fey new-age weirdos. I mean listen to the end of that fucking song above. Sounds like Enya.

I will give Neige credit for being able to convey the impression of being a nerdy aspergers-having weirdo better than I'd ever have thought possible through the medium of music though.

I don't think anything Raunchy will ever do currently will touch DPR

Go back to the past and you`ll find "Confusion Bay" which is a little bit better. Another vocalist though, and more industrial sounding. Still, DPR is excellent. New album sounds good also.

Without even hearing the album(it's on order) I assume Blood Revolt's-Indoctrine will be one of my favourite albums of 2010,they feature J.Read and C.Ross(Axis Of Advance,Revenge) and A.A. Nemtheanga(Primordial)on vokills,anyone interested in the feral side of BM,should check this album out.

I've heard from a couple people that it just sounds weird.

New Raunchy song.

Last edited by a moderator: