The official metal 2010 thread!

28018.jpg

If you like BLS Pre-Hangover Cafe, you will like this album. This is a return to form. Only took like 7 years.

I am still apprehensive about getting this. However, I have only bought 3 albums that came out this year so maybe I should get this along with the new FF/Overkill/Heathen?

The Irreverant compilation is some pretty bad ass stuff. if you're into blasphemous osdm definitely pick it up. glad it was released. contains both of their demos and some extra tracks.

The new Volbeat is fucking great, their best album.

;) Got to agree. Even though I like them all. New Insomnium track was as boring as most of the songs on the new Dark Tranquillity album, yet not too bad. New Raunchy album is fucking sweet, but ONLY for the open-minded who doesn't mind some poppy modern metal brilliance. Best since DPR.

I just heard that there is gonna be a new Revenge album out in December,has anyone else heard of this?

I had no idea about this, sounds promising, they've been quiet for a while now.

My two most anticipated albums has been cut down to one, but I'm sure it will blow everything away. New Negative Plane album coming out very soon, I'm so excited for this.

The other was the new Necros Christos, but that's apparently been delayed until 2011 now which is a shame.

I can't really think of that many other good releases this year. The Wounded Kings' album is great, the new Immolation was surprisingly good too. After that my mind goes blank.

New Agalloch album, Marrow of the Spirit

agalloch_coverart_250.jpg

Officially to be released in North America Nov 23th through Profound Lore Records.

The tracklist of "Marrow of the Spirit"...

1. They Escaped The Weight Of Darkness [3:41]
2. Into The Painted Grey [12:25]
3. The Watcher’s Monolith [11:46]
4. Black Lake Nidstang [17:34]
5. Ghosts Of The Midwinter Fires [9:40]
6. To Drown [10:27]