The official metal 2010 thread!

New Maiden possibly next year:

IRON MAIDEN are to return to the studio and the road in 2010. According to drummer Nicko McBrain, in an interview with Rock Radio in the UK, “We have actually booked a studio and I think we’ll kick off in the second week of January with the new record…. As to touring – the end of the year, or definitely 2011. We may actually go out at the end of 2010. Once you’ve got the new album finished and packaged, and the record company’s happy with all the bits and pieces, then you want to go touring.”

http://www.smnnews.com/2009/04/22/new-iron-maiden-album-out-in-2010/

Definitely gonna have to pick up that Amorphis dvd when it comes out. And if Kastigation were to send out free copies of their debut to forum members I would be interested in getting one...

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy (Progressive metal, thrash metal; Century Media) - Jan 2010

Arsis - Starve for the Devil (Technical death metal, Melodic death metal; Nuclear Blast) - Feb 5 2010

The new Polkadot Cadaver album. No idea when it's slated to be released, but I'm dying to hear it.

This is nothing at all concrete, but I'm hoping to see albums from some bands that were rumored to have things coming out in 2009:

Deathspell Omega
Walknut
Dark Tribe
Ondskapt
Morbid Angel (not sure I'll like it, but I'm very curious.)
Gorguts

Should also be something new from Paysage d'Hiver on the way.

Audrey Sylvain of Amesoeurs etc. is working on two different projects with guys from Lifelover -- she told me via a last.fm PM earlier this year that she wanted to do something along the lines of Diapsiquir, so I'm wondering if that's what they're up to... Could be interesting.

Vindsval (BaN) has various projects in the works, so maybe some of those will come to light in 2010.

Alcest and Les Discrets will have a split out early in the year. Ever since learning that Les Discrets were doing something more in the vein of doom metal than those old myspace tracks would suggest, I've been a lot more interested. We'll see how that turns out.

Also, new Lantlôs. I'm still somewhat skeptical about them having brought in Neige for vocals instead of Alboin from Geist, but if it's anywhere near as good as their debut I think it'll be a winner.

New Burzum duh.

Lastly, new Agalloch.

So yeah, lots of cool stuff on the way in the coming year.

Hopefully Concilium Antichristi's debut if it doesn't come out this winter.
Pretty sure a new Diapsiquir will be out in 2010.
Hopefully a sign of life from Neo Inferno 262.

New DsO and Ondskapt would be cool.

Judas Priest - Unleashed on Back On Black!

Back on Black is proud to announce that 2010 will see the release of the original classic Judas Priest albums on vinyl. All albums will be 180gsm heavyweight vinyl and packaged in deluxe gatefold sleeves. The first 1000 copies of each title will come in limited edition coloured vinyl. All editions will contain bonus tracks as per the Sony Remastered issues.

http://judaspriest.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=ED8B0C68-3B9D-4F52-977D-097E43653337

Judas Priest - Unleashed on Back On Black!

Back on Black is proud to announce that 2010 will see the release of the original classic Judas Priest albums on vinyl. All albums will be 180gsm heavyweight vinyl and packaged in deluxe gatefold sleeves. The first 1000 copies of each title will come in limited edition coloured vinyl. All editions will contain bonus tracks as per the Sony Remastered issues.

http://judaspriest.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=ED8B0C68-3B9D-4F52-977D-097E43653337

I have a few Back on Black releases and I must say the quality is not that great. Not in the records themselves but in the packaging. The cardboard they use feels cheap and shitty.