The official metal 2011 thread

I know most of you don't like Trivium, but I'm going to say it anyways.

In Waves is probably there best since Ascendancy, there's some pretty catchy melodies, and some catchy as fuck solos especially in "Forsake Not The Dream". Definitely some improvement from Shogun.

crapnocio saying anything is immature is... interesting.

I will download the new iced earth album. I've skipped buying the last two... but if this one's good I'll buy it. Their last album was the biggest disappointment in my metal life.

Yeah I concur, Iced Earth keep on dissapointing me over and over again... I start to lose hope after a while.

A bit like In Flames.

Cant find any mention of a new album on Alcests or Prophecy Productions websites but Les Discrets just posted this on facebook:

I know I already posted that, but I'm listening to the new Alcest album right now... And I honestly can say that nor Souvenirs... nor Ecailles de Lune was as much moving to me. I still prefered the Le Secret MCD for different reasons. But that one...That new one... what a jewel really... I honestly don't know how Alcest will be able to improve in quality and emotion on the next next album.

A bit more info. Still no release date though

As far as you’ve mentioned in other interviews you are already working on you next album. Can you tell us something about it?
“The next album is already recorded and will contain 8 songs. It's a longer album than the previous ones, very rich and having a lot of different atmospheres. It will contain harsh vocals but will surely be the last one having these kind of vocals parallel to the clean ones. It is called Les voyages de l'âme, which could be translated to The Soul's Journeys and concerning concept of this album its title is saying a lot about it...”

Here's Barren Earth performing a new song off their upcoming 2nd album, due to be released this fall. It's called Passing of the Crimson Shadows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty boring song but heres Woodland Cathedral from the new WITTR album.

Was this band ever good? They were all the rage a few years ago with a bunch of idiots acting like they were the saviors of US black metal or something gay like that. I've yet to hear anything of the sort from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was this band ever good? They were all the rage a few years ago with a bunch of idiots acting like they were the saviors of US black metal or something gay like that. I've yet to hear anything of the sort from them.

For some reason they were accepted by the entire population of EU hipsters, they perceived them as "one of the few good black metal bands" or something. It made them well known and talked about, but in fact, metalheads never cared much imo.

The alleged "reunion and album" is a misunderstanding, just so you know. As much as I want a new Sabbath album with the original 4, it's not happening.

I'm not sure Ozzy would be up for all the touring that comes with releasing a new album. Why not let the past be the past and not tarnish the legacy?

Ozzy is a different man on stage. I saw the original Sabbath lineup when they toured in 1999. Sadly Incubus opened, but then Pantera was next which to be honest, was the best band there. When Sabbath came on though Ozzy was pretty good even though their sound engineer must have had dicks for ears because the sound sucked a cock or two.