The official metal 2011 thread

Ozzy is a different man on stage. I saw the original Sabbath lineup when they toured in 1999. Sadly Incubus opened, but then Pantera was next which to be honest, was the best band there. When Sabbath came on though Ozzy was pretty good even though their sound engineer must have had dicks for ears because the sound sucked a cock or two.

Not saying he couldn't do it, just that it would be too much fuzz around it, what with Sharon having a say in everything the man does nowadays. I have no doubt they'd pull it of technically. Of course, the magic of earlier days will never be there, but I don't think anyone expects that either.

Insomnium - One For Sorrow
Melodic Death Metal
Century Media Records

Release dates:
FI: 12.10.2011
EU: 17.10.2011
US: XX.XX.2011

Tracklist:
1. Inertia
2. Through the Shadows
3. Song of the Blackest Bird
4. Only One Who Waits
5. Unsung
6. Every Hour Wounds
7. Decoherence
8. Lay the Ghost to Rest
9. Regain the Fire
10. One for Sorrow

*Album coverart pending*​

Insomnium - One For Sorrow
Melodic Death Metal
Century Media Records

Release dates:
FI: 12.10.2011
EU: XX.10.2011
US: XX.XX.2011

Tracklist:
1. Inertia
2. Through the Shadows
3. Song of the Blackest Bird
4. Only One Who Waits
5. Unsung
6. Every Hour Wounds
7. Decoherence
8. Lay the Ghost to Rest
9. Regain the Fire
10. One for Sorrow

*Album coverart pending*​

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

Great band. Great band.

Yeah I concur, Iced Earth keep on dissapointing me over and over again... I start to lose hope after a while.

A bit like In Flames.

At least Iced Earth churns out a song or two that is not complete shit on their albums..In Flames on the other hand..been waiting for them to sound as good as they did on Subterranean..like 15 fucking years..aint gonna happen.

Not saying he couldn't do it, just that it would be too much fuzz around it, what with Sharon having a say in everything the man does nowadays. I have no doubt they'd pull it of technically. Of course, the magic of earlier days will never be there, but I don't think anyone expects that either.

Pantera stole that show hands down. Phil came out covered in coke, buckets of beer..Dimebag shredded the shit out of that guitar..great show. The only downside was everyone asking me where I got my Immortal Unholy Forces of Evil T.

Just got an email from Amazon saying the release date for Celestial Lineage has been pushed back around 3 months to the 9th of December. Southern Lord and WITTR havent said anything about it being delayed though. Hopefully they will have it for sale on their tour so i can pick it up in October instead.

Also, you can now hear samples from Tales of Wanderings by Old Silver Key here:
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005HEC19C/ref=dm_sp_alb/278-2183367-2483609[/ame]

Celestial Lineage samples: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Celestial-Lineage/dp/B005GVQX18/ref=sr_shvl_album_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1314047027&sr=301-5[/ame]

September 2011 releases:

01.09 An Autumn For Crippled Children - Everything
02.09 Gorath - Apokálypsis - Unveiling The Age That Is Not To Come
02.09 Saltatio Mortis - Sturm Aufs Paradies
03.09 Niobeth - Silvery Moonbeams
05.09 Dylath-Leen - Cabale
05.09 Derek Sherinian - Oceana
06.09 Exmortus - Beyond The Fall Of Time
07.09 Concerto Moon - Savior Never Cry
07.09 Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn Of Events
09.09 Cipher System - Communicate The Storm
09.09 Morifade - Empire Of Souls
09.09 Einherjer - Norrøn
09.09 Alice Cooper - Welcome 2 My Nightmare
09.09 Entrails - The Tomb Awaits
09.09 Sinner - One Bullet Left
09.09 Arch/Matheos - Sympathetic Resonance
12.09 Primus - Green Naugahyde
12.09 The Devil Wears Prada - Dead Throne
13.09 Pathology - Awaken To The Suffering
13.09 Wolves In The Throne Room - Celestial Lineage
13.09 Anthrax - Worship Music
13.09 Anubis Gate - Anubis Gate
14.09 Opeth - Heritage
14.09 Loudness - Eve To Dawn
14.09 Marty Friedman - Tokyo Jukebox 2
15.09 The Stone - Golet
16.09 Haken - Visions
16.09 Arckanum - Helvítismyrkr
16.09 Almah - Motion
19.09 White Wizzard - Flying Tigers
20.09 Amebix - Sonic Mass
20.09 Dragonland - TBA
21.09 Hatesphere - The Great Bludgeoning
23.09 Hate Squad - Katharsis
23.09 Textures - Dualism
23.09 Biohazard - Reborn In Defiance
23.09 Loch Vostok - Dystopium
23.09 Descending - New Death Celebrity
23.09 Glorior Belli - The Great Southern Darkness
23.09 Subway To Sally - Schwarz In Schwarz
23.09 House Of Lords - Big Money
23.09 Scythia - ...Of Exile
23.09 Van Canto - Break The Silence
26.09 Steven Wilson - Grace For Drowning
26.09 Myrath - Tales Of The Sands
26.09 Evile - Five Serpent's Teeth
26.09 Nightrage - Insidious
26.09 Redemption - This Mortal Coil
26.09 Warbringer - Worlds Torn Asunder
26.09 Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt Two
26.09 Livarkahil - Signs Of Decay
27.09 Rose Funeral - Gates Of Punishment
27.09 Machine Head - Unto The Locust
27.09 Mastodon - The Hunter
27.09 Brutal Truth - End Time
27.09 Rwake - Rest
27.09 Landmine Marathon - Gallows
27.09 Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming
28.09 Thulcandra - Under A Frozen Sun
28.09 Profane Omen - Destroy!
30.09 Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment

Arch Matheos - “Sympathetic Resonance”
Out September 13, 2011
Arch_Matheos-e1310423095443.jpg

In 2010, Jim Matheos (current member of the progressive rock powerhouse Fates Warning and OSI) and John Arch (former vocalist of Fates Warning) teamed up to form the new progressive metal band,
ARCH/ MATHEOS who are preparing for a monstrous progressive release of “Sympathetic Resonance” OUT 09.13.11

The group's talent and versatility is apparent on their debut long-player, Sympathetic Resonance, which clocks in at just shy of 55 minutes. Jim Matheos notes; "a lot these songs, Neurotically Wired, Midnight Serenade, Stained Glass Sky, and parts of others, started off as material for the next Fates Warning record.

“Stained Glass Sky” now streaming along side the bands awesome pre-order packages: http://www.archmatheos.com/

Profound Lore said:
There's been a bit of speculation but we will be releasing the new full-length album from U.S. black metal enigma LEVIATHAN in the latter half of the fall, if all goes accordingly. The notorious Wrest has recently finished tracking an album's worth of material with Sanford Parker and now we're just preparing to lay the mixing and finishing touches to what will be a haunting, twisted, despondent, hate-filled observation of unbridled black metal insanity.

YES!

Apparently its going to be called True Traitor True Whore (lol) and it will be out on November 8th

07.09 Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn Of Events
13.09 Wolves In The Throne Room - Celestial Lineage
13.09 Anthrax - Worship Music
14.09 Opeth - Heritage
26.09 Evile - Five Serpent's Teeth
27.09 Machine Head - Unto The Locust
27.09 Mastodon - The Hunter

These are the releases I will check out. I dont expect much of the new DT and Opeth was never my thing to be honest (I keep checking out their new albums though). I have a bad feeling about the new MH even though I base it upon nothing (but I did love The Blackening so I kind of expect to be disapinted).

WitTR can go either way. Anthrax will be interesting but I doubt its a slam hit. Evile will be fun as always but nothing special and I do expect to be a little bit dissapinted with mastodons new one. I loved the more rocky/progressive/70's feeling of Crack the Skye and I undertsand they moved away from that. It can be awesome though - you never know what they will come up with.

The new Gorgoroth (Under the sign 2011) was supposed to be out tomorrow but due to Regain Records having some financial difficulties its been delayed indefinately. fml, i was hoping to pick it up during their uk tour.

Of course im stoked! Other bands releasing albums in 2011:

legiondescstandard.jpg

Legion of the Damned - Descent Into Chaos, cant wait!

deicidetohell.jpg

Deicide - To Hell With God, great title and artwork. Hope its much better then lasts shitty albums.

bodomreckless.jpg

Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever, hope for another energic album. Would be nice if they went back to some more neo-classic stuff, but I doubt it.

Stratovarius - Elysium
Turisas - Stand Up and Fight
Lifelover - Sjukdom
Neuraxis - Asylon
Control Denied - When Machine and Man Collide
DevilDriver - Beast
Wolfchant - Call of the Black Winds
Amon Amarth - Surtur Rising
Absu - Abzu
Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
Vader - Return to the Morbid Reich
Gorgoroth - TBA