The Official Movie Thread

who.jpg

Watched Salyut-7 and rather enjoyed it. More fictionalised than expected, but the fiction at least seems to be based on incidents that occurred on other missions. Still less fictionalised than the press releases coming out of Russia now.

1696094825352.jpeg

Local indie cinema showed this. I recall being cold on this when I first saw it as a teenager but I must not have been sufficiently heartbroken at that point because this fucked me up. Being able to pick up the Kurosawa references now was nice too. I think I'm in the "closing line bad" camp but it's already a masterpiece by that point so whatever. Best animated movie?

Finally checked out Enys Men. Doesn't deserve to be called horror, but a really good film nonetheless, provided you're into experimental shit. There's virtually no dialogue. The shots of the Cornish isle are wonderful, and the use of a legit disused mining site was a nice touch. I also really appreciated its anachronistic musical cues, which worked within the narrative's nonlinear structure (I won't say more lest I spoil it for anyone).

Ultimately, I'd describe it as a visual experiment in the deep histories of geosocial transformation. The planet bleeds into human bodies, sprouting out of old wounds. Industrialism reshaped the earth and the earth reshapes us. I'm sure there are more nuanced claims to make, but I'm tired, the kid's asleep, and I've had a few drinks.

Also on tubi, auto played next on me 😂 I haven't seen any of the following movies, maybe I'll watch that one too.
I remember it being good, but I also remember nothing about it. Beyond Re-Animator I remember sucking though. 😬

Watching the first movie of Schlocktober:

81OLouFcW4L.jpg

I recently watched the second part of the movie about clown art and I was afraid to sleep alone at home. I usually watch cartoons thanks to this site. But very rarely I can watch horror movies. So I'm very afraid of clowns and that's why this movie about clown art was scarier for me than for others

Last edited:
North by Northwest

Basically 007 with a bit of camera showmanship from Hitchcock.

Also, Dream Child. Man, this movie was ass like the previous nightmare film, but it did have a couple of good scenes

View attachment 34152

Barbie was... an experience. It was an ideological mess, but the production value and sets/costumes were hard not to love.
Cera as the gay-coded Allan was hilarious, as was Gosling, who basically stole the movie from Margot at every turn. The socio-political commentary was a bit shallow to really feel engaging to me, all while patting itself on the back a bit too much. Overall I enjoyed it though, despite myself.

These green screen movies are so fucking irritating to watch. Idk how people can suffer through these

What's the competition there, comic book movies, Barbie and maybe Mission Impossible? Don't remember it being constant in Oppenheimer

What's the competition there, comic book movies, Barbie and maybe Mission Impossible? Don't remember it being constant in Oppenheimer
Movie looked to me like it used a lot of practical effects to try and capture that old Hollywood aesthetic.