The Official Movie Thread

I saw Zoo with some friends months ago. I think all of us were dissapointed because it wasn't what we were expecting. I personally enjoyed it, but it seemed to drag. It also too artsy for my tastes.

Here is a little article I read in another forum today.

Maverick's back: Cruise jumps on eighties remake bandwagon as he plans Top Gun II

First it was Rocky, then it was Rambo and more recently Indiana Jones, and now Tom Cruise is following the eighties remake craze by filming a Top Gun sequel.

Twenty two years after Maverick sang his way into the heart of his instructor Charlie with 'You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling', the fighter pilot will take to the skies again.
Movie bosses are keen to resurrect the mega-successful 1986 movie, which launched Tom onto Hollywood's A-list and earned $350million worldwide.

Cruise, 46, is in talks with studio bosses to reprise his role as Lt. Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell in a long-awaited follow-up.
An insider tells The Sun: 'The idea is Maverick is at the Top Gun school as an instructor - and this time it is he who has to deal with a cocky new female pilot.'

The original Top Gun starred Cruise as an cocky aspiring pilot who falls in love with his beautiful instructor, Charlie Blackwood, played by Kelly McGillis.
If Cruise agrees to reprise his role, Top Gun II would be a surefire box office hit.
The actor's film career has been remarkably less successful in recent years after previously dominating the highest box offices receipts since the 1980s.

His last big hit was War Of The Worlds in 2005 - which was released around the same time he started dating his now third wife Katie Holmes.
Mission: Impossible III in 2006 performed below industry expectations, taking less money than the first film in 1996, which was a huge worldwide success.

His last film, Lions For Lambs, which opened last November, failed to make an impact at the box office and was critically mauled.

Meanwhile, Tom took time out of his acting career to enjoy a day at the race track with wife Katie.
The couple left the kids at home for the day as they stepped out at the Red Bull US MotoGP World Championship in Monterey, California.
Dressed down in jeans, sunglasses and leather jackets, the couple walked in sync around the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca as they talked to drivers and officials in between races.
The couple were given pole position as they watched the races from the pit lane wall.

I don't know if I'm wanting to see this or not. Can't decide.

Just saw The Dark Knight in IMAX with a bunch of friends. It was a fun time just by the nature of the experience of a long drive with a group of friends, and IMAX is always great to watch. But as for the movie itself, while it went far beyond the majority of the super hero films I've seen recently, overall it was very unmemorable. Heath ledger did a good job as the joker, better than Jack Nicholson in my opinion, and he was definitely the most fun to watch, I also loved two-faces look. However it was still filled with the same bland, unmemorable action sequences that all hollywood films seem to have. Didn't live up to the hype, but a great take on the batman series.

Just saw Hitchcock's Rope. I thought it was excellent. I mostly watched the camerawork - some of the long takes stretch on past 15 minutes, and the whole movie is probably less than 15 different shots.

The movie was good too.

Went and saw the X-files movie today. We're went by boat of course. The roads are swarming with tourists. Anyway the movie was pretty decent. nothing great but I wasn't disappointed.

I probably would have enjoyed it a lot fucking more if it weren't for the jackass' behind me. They were the type that gasp loudly and verbally respond to everything that happens on screen.

I am not a hateful person. However I absolute loathe people who talk during movies. The occasional exclamation or whatever is fine, but actual discussion or multiple interruptions is just inexcusable. It's the epitome of selfishness and inconsiderateness. How do you go through life and not learn that you can't talk in a movie theater? It just baffles me.

There are certain films in certain theaters where talking is a big part of the fun. But I agree for the standard movie going, people who talk are annoying.

I forgot to menti0on I also saw Step Brothers the other day. I laughed my ass off. It is totally stupid and ridiculous but that is what made it great. If you like farts and grown men acting like children I would recommend it.

You know what was a great movie I just watched, Meet Dave with Eddie Murphy. I don't even like him as an actor and I also haven't seen a kids film in years, but this movie was good, I liked it. I recommend it to anyone who is in the mood to, laugh and have an entertaining story.

I saw the X Files movie the other day. it was decent. not too conspiracy theory-ish...some little bits here and there for the x files nerds (of which there were two hardcore older men in the audience). not bad.

Went and saw the X-files movie today. We're went by boat of course. The roads are swarming with tourists. Anyway the movie was pretty decent. nothing great but I wasn't disappointed.

:lol:

I'm seeing The Dark Night again tonight (with my cousin), and I wish we could take the boat to this theatre because the roads will be swarming with all the tourists going back south to Massachusetts and New Jersey.