The Official Movie Thread

American Psycho didn't do it for me. I just had trouble enjoying his character's personality without really seeing how he got there. If he started sane I'd probably have enjoyed it more.
Seriously, such an overrated film. I don't get the hype. I'd take a campy B-movie over that any day.

gattaca pretty much blows, the script and score are both diabolical and i hate ethan hawke. all the metaphors were just crying out for profundity but didn't find it

i watched wrath of khan yesterday. really just rented it for the khan scene that ive never seen and it wasnt even that awesome. movie was pretty average too. and netflix still hasnt recieved a dvd from like 3 days ago, faegots

^ haha definitely will atleast rent

Good Will Hunting was on last night. Honestly I think its such an amazingly good movie like 4.5+/5

Has anyone else here seen Zoo? It's the documentary mostly based on a man who died in Enumclaw, WA, after having sex with a stallion. It was actually a really good film.

I read about it a while back, but the reviews seemed to imply a lack of depth to the film, turning me off it slightly. I imagine the novelty of the subject matter would keep me interested for a while, but I don't want to spend any money to watch it.

I read about it a while back, but the reviews seemed to imply a lack of depth to the film, turning me off it slightly. I imagine the novelty of the subject matter would keep me interested for a while, but I don't want to spend any money to watch it.

Well, it was really well done, for sure. The film itself was very beautiful, with some of the most stunning cinematography I've ever seen, and a really gorgeous soundtrack. I can see what you're saying about the depth though. I was disappointed that it didn't get too deep into the relationship between the men and the horses, because that's what I was really curious about. Also it didn't show any men having sex with horses, which I was also curious about. I think the movie lacked a few things I wanted to see or have explained but it was still a good film, one worth watching.

Yes the two sequels were much worse than the first due to actor change but dude, if you like Darkman you won't want to miss this, they aren't as good as the first but they are good.

Yes the two sequels were much worse than the first due to actor change but dude, if you like Darkman you won't want to miss this, they aren't as good as the first but they are good.

I might check them out just cause netflix has them on instant view. Still my instant view queue is like 200+ movies.

Okay I saw the Dark Night and what the fuck was all this hype about? A decent enough film, but it seemed to be stuck somewhere between being completely over the top and trying to be a serious film. Also it started to get seriously corny towards the end. Still, it managed to build up a strong atmosphere and there were some entertaining action scenes. I can't give it more than 7/10
Also why is everyone jizzing over Ledger's joker performance? Some nice touches for sure, but hardly groundbreaking.

I think it was a little better than that. Most super hero movies go over the top but I think the Dark Knight avoided that better than you seem to. I think Heath Ledger dieing has something to do with people overrating his performance, although I do think it was very good. People always make dead people's achievements to be more impressive than they are.