The Official Movie Thread

Just finished watching Philosophy of a Knife. A 4 hour film depicting the brutal experiments the Japanese preformed during WWII. Extremely stylized, with some great visuals and music. But also extremely disturbing. It's broken up into 2 parts, for those of you who can't sit still for 4 hours.

anyhow, ninjageek watches as many movies as the rest of the forum combined. He must be a very good film student.

It sounds interesting. How would you compare it to Men Behind The Sun?

Haven't gotten around to Men Behind the Sun yet, though it's been in my Netflix queue for a while.

I know.
But shouldn't he still have a life?

A lot of people throw many hours of their life into watching TV or playing videogames, I don't do either of those, and spend my free time watching movies. 2 movies a day is only like 3-4 hours, still plenty of time for a life.

and I should also add, that I do not watch 2 movies a day everyday, I see between 8 and 12 movies a week usually.

I watch around 4 to 7 movies a week. Just watched Pan's Labyrinth, it sorta just bored me to be honest.

Me too. The dvd was all this mystical stuff and the only thing that hinted toward war was her being in the middle of a battle between good and evil. But I don't think anyone would just say "WWII!" I thought it was going to be some girl who would stumble into someone awesome heaven and hell war. Huge disappointment. The movie wasn't bad it just looked like a complete fantasy movie and wasn't.