The Official Movie Thread

Dont know who did it,it was the newest one,the animated.

That's the Zemeckis version. I didn't like it. All the modern renditions of Beowulf are trying to make him out to be a flawed, more "realistic" man; not the epic hero of the poem. That annoys the shit out of me. I fucking know that human beings aren't perfect and that there are no heroes like Beowulf in real life. I don't need to be reminded of that. When I watch a Beowulf movie, I want to see a fucking unrealistic, noble, epic hero. Enough of this fallen hero bullshit.

I saw it on opening day and overall I enjoyed The Dark Knight, it wasn't as amazing as everyone is proclaiming it to be but definitely worth watching. I thought it was a lot better than Batman Begins, and the best Batman movie since Batman Returns. The only thing that I didn't like about the movie was Harvey Dent's character.

I saw The Backwoods last night. It was okay. Gary Oldman's in it, so that was nice. and it makes you want to go to northern spain...very foresty

Who has seen the movie Crossroads?

crossroads.jpg

Nah haven't seen it

Someone recommend me a good movie to rent/download. Maybe an independent/foreign film with a good mood or atmosphere, and emphasis on characters...and if possible, a film with a rainy setting.

Someone recommend me a good movie to rent/download. Maybe an independent/foreign film with a good mood or atmosphere, and emphasis on characters...and if possible, a film with a rainy setting.

One of these should be to your liking:
Stalker
Julien: Donkey Boy
Aguirre, Wrath of God
Pi
L'intrus

They're all somewhat character focussed or at least have very interesting characters and they all have extremely strong, distinct atmospheres.

Thanks for the recs, I'll look them up. :)

Last night, I watched one of my all-time favourite films, Kontroll. I love this movie.

kontroll-newyork.jpg

^ thats that B-movie right? if so, how was it in a b-movie sense

mmm I don't think it's supposed to be a b-movie, but I wouldn't be surprised. there were a bunch of previews for shitty horror movies, so it may have been a b movie. if it was supposed to be a b movie, it wasn't very obvious and failed at that.

I think smart people here should watch "Onegin". By russian classic's Alexander Pushkin novel "Eugene Onegin". It's not a new movie, but very good.
If that doesn't sound convincing - Liv Tayler acts the main female character part there...

I think smart people here should watch "Onegin". By russian classic's Alexander Pushkin novel "Eugeniy Onegin". It's not a new movie, but very good.
If that doesn't sound convincing - Liv Tayler acts the main female character part there...

I see it on Netflix, is it a romance story? Not really sure how to tell based on its description

Just saw Blood Sucking Freaks, probably one of my favorite 70's horror flicks. White slavery FTW!!