The Official Movie Thread

I watched the remake of Funny Games the other day. It was okay. Haneke did a lot of pretty obvious things that I think he wanted people to think were cool and appreciate...like those really long shots that go on for at least five minutes...or the rewinding of the movie. And the sort of pseudo explanation of the movie between the two kids on the boat at the end. whatever.

my girlfriend pointed out it was like the strangers but more upper class, refined and with white gloves instead of masks (well, technically the strangers was like funny games in terms of what came first but you get my drift).

on a side note, I watched Tremors last night for the fifty billionth time. classic fun movie.

no it was on one of the Encore channels. but yeah, you're right. the second one was pretty bad, and I didn't even bother with the third one

i think there's 4 tremors, and they're all awesome :lol: the 2nd one aint great but then Burt comes back in the 3rd one and it's total awesomeness. Acting is bad? I never noticed anything bad about that movie tbh, its just awesome

It actually was on Encore, I edited my post. :cool:

Haha, like that part when Kevin Bacon picks up what's-her-face in the bulldozer. She jumps into it, they start riding off, and you hear her yelling "Yaaay! Yaaaay!" Oh gods, I just start laughing uncontrollably every time I hear that.

EDIT: I think Burt is in the second one. Tremors: Aftershocks, right? He's in it. Never bothered with the rest.

It actually was on Encore, I edited my post. :cool:

Haha, like that part when Kevin Bacon picks up what's-her-face in the bulldozer. She jumps into it, they start riding off, and you hear her yelling "Yaaay! Yaaaay!" Oh gods, I just start laughing uncontrollably every time I hear that.

EDIT: I think Burt is in the second one. Tremors: Aftershocks, right? He's in it. Never bothered with the rest.

I think the 2nd one has Earl and 3rd with Burt and 4th is none of em, cant really remember though

Pineapple Express was fucking hilarious. This year has had a ton of good movies.

Rambo (9/10)
Iron Man (9/10)
Hulk (9/10)
Drillbit Taylor (8/10)
Wanted (8.5/10) (first half was 9/10 material)
Hancock (9/10)
Hellboy II (8/10)
The Dark Knight (10/10)
Step Brothers (9/10)
Pineapple Express (9/10)

I even kinda enjoyed The Spiderwick Chronicles lol. 7/10 btw

The Dark Knight was completely meh.
Though judging by the rest of those movies, you give a film 8 points just for showing up.

I'd rate dark knight at more a 7/10 because it did do very well by superhero movie standards, but overall it left a lot to be desired.

On another note, I finally stopped being a bad film student, and got around to watching The Godfather. Fucking amazing, and I dunno why I put off watching it for so long.

Step Brothers 9/10? Seriously? It had it's moments sure, but they basically wrote 45 minutes worth of jokes and then just did them twice and called it a movie.

One strange thing I did notice when I saw Step Brothers was that a lot of people in the audience would just laugh when the characters swore. This confused me because I didn't think just saying "fuck" made people laugh.