The Official Movie Thread

Yeah, solid acting, fucking great cinematography, and a complicated conclusion allowed that film to rise above its rather simple plot.

they had some pretty cool shit towards the front of the train lol. yea the twist was decent

So my intro to film teacher is Alex Cox, who wrote/directed such films as Repo Man, Fear and Loathing and Sid And Nancy. That's kinda cool

Just got back from watching Clint Eastwood's "American Sniper". And it was great, Bradley Cooper did an amazing job portraying Chris Kyle.

The unbelievable Judgment calls Chris Kyle had to make man, were definitely not easy to make.

And after it ended, I never heard a theater so quiet in my life. It was complete silence.

I watched American Sniper, and it made me realize just how much better of a depiction Band of Brothers is instead. Not pandering to a lower intelligence audience, or self serving like Kyle was or Clint Eastwood.

American Sniper is definitely on my to watch list.

Have anyone see this movie Locke? Its a 90 minute movie about a man driving and talking on his phone and though it sounds like it would be lame, it was actually really interesting. Tom Brady really is an incredible actor, but unfortunately the ending sorta sucks. I'm kind of a sucker for bold movies like this though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leviathan was fucking killer. It made me miss my Russian girl though. Anyway 10/10, spectacularly well made film.

American Sniper was badass, i'm not really 'murican but it made me feel patriotic

Dead Snow: Red vs. Dead - fun splatter film and probably better than the first one. the zombie squad thing was lame

Horns - starts out okay with the humor but becomes a lame melodrama with bad pacing

The Town that Dreaded Sundown (2014) - self aware sequel remake of the 70s film with the same title. no tension at all and completely forgettable. the original isn't very good either but has one hilariously bad kill involving a trumpet

watched Basic Instinct last night, and it was actually a lot better than I expected. Aside from Sharon Stone showing us the goods, the movie played around a lot with noir tropes and stereotypes. Considering Paul Verhoeven normally does action flicks, this was a nice change of pace. Definitely worth watching.

wB1eTBe.jpg

Interesting movie.

Mary & Max
15 - 25 min into the movie - don't be eating or drinking.
Will shoot out of yar nose.

Max Jerry Horovitz: Unfortunately, in America, babies are not found in cola cans. I asked my mother when I was four, and she said they came from eggs laid by rabbis. If you aren't Jewish, they're laid by Catholic nuns. If you're an atheist, they're laid by dirty, lonely prostitutes.

If not seen this - ya gots 2.