The Official Movie Thread

@CiG , shot caller related

Short interview with waldau, around 2:30 he talks about how he met a former inmate and the ideology spin etc. what these guys are really about

Oh cool, definitely summed up my thoughts and feelings while I was watching the film myself. I think Shot Caller is very interesting in that it doesn't linger or focus on the whole ideology of the gang he joins. The average Hollywood film would have definitely inserted some preaching or a moment where Money befriends or rescues/gets rescued by a black/brown guy and that shakes his commitment to the gang and so on.

This one felt much more like a sliver of reality to me.

Watching tonight:

14303_ManiacCop3-Academy1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RadicalThrasher
Kind of like they were going for bride of maniac cop. One of my favorite series. Hope if they do that tv show it isn't shit

That was my thought too, with some urban voodoo occultism thrown in for good measure. I miss the old days of cinema like this haha.

Watching soon:

almosthuman1.jpg

The world needs more modern movies that use practical effects.

Last edited:
Reactions: RadicalThrasher
Watching

5573_2_large.jpg

Reactions: CiG
19143_1_large.jpg

Not exactly modern, from 06, but still relies on practical special fx. Thought it was a pretty good, fun flick. Alot of big oldschool names in horror (from the 80's) make an appearance.

really like this one. Particularly enjoy that Bigfoot is just a pissed off evil monster in this instead of some misunderstood recluse.

oh and this:

D5374C1D-C835-4F43-99B8-BEA76B3106A4.gif

5541f323938f072496b7e6b2eb8423f6.jpg

Really enjoyed this. Kiwis really know how to make good splatter comedies. The writing wasn't great by any means, but it was serviceable, not too cheesy, and had some genuinely funny moments. The gore, however, was top-notch.

f6kA12E.gif

an american remake of force majeure came out starring colin farrell lmao

although i’ve always thought the loneliest planet was the better version of that movie anyway