The Official Movie Thread

i enjoyed it too. i hope they develop humanoid robots like that to have sex with ASAP

Reactions: CiG
Watched Take Shelter again with my Father last night. Now this is a guy who pretty much only watches action movies, comedy etc and cant stand slower movies. He was hooked from beginning to end. His only response at the end was "fuckin' therapist" haha

Ein, I read some of your Take Shelter blog post to him and it made him upset lol

Will check out Ex Machina next opportunity.

So I watched Noah since I needed to veg out and it was on Netflix. I actually found it pretty entertaining, and since I know ahead of time not to take it seriously. It's a star-studded (Crowe, Watson, Hopkins, etc.), imaginative expansion on the biblical myth that added moral complexities and plot-lines reflecting what, perhaps, one would ponder when reading the otherwise brief story. For instance, was all mankind aside from Noah's family truly worthy of God's wrath? And Noah's interpretation (and his family's conflicting view) of God's intentions in sending the flood was interesting too.

The whole plot apparatus of The Watchers was a bit weak, but didn't ruin the film. The acting wasn't bad, at least.

The only thing that really irritated me was the blatant environmentalist agenda the film had, which was very thinly veiled.

I thought Noah was decent. It actually grappled with the incompatibility between something like what we would think of as rational human behavior and unyielding commitment to a supreme being. For all intends and purposes, Noah was have to be insane to carry out God's wishes. I wish the film spent more time on ideas such as this, rather than on fairly mediocre special effects.

Went to see Mad Max today. Go and see Mad Max the first chance you get. Probably the best reboot of a franchise I've ever seen.

I enjoyed it. I did see the original awile back, but I forgot it was called Mad Max. I did not realize this until I was in Walmart and saw the original for sale. I don't have blue ray or I would have bought it.

I ended up getting a Blu-ray. There was acouple DVDS I wanted and they were only on Blu-ray so I ended up buying one. I have a lot of dvds. I can still watch the regular ones anyways.

Am I the only fucker that didn't like it? It wasn't terrible, just boring as hell. Maybe the action genre isn't for me. I did fall asleep when watching The Expendables too.

I watched Herzog's Grizzly Man a few nights back. Brilliant. I love how he goes from having the audience feel terrible about Treadwell's death but towards the end you feel like he got what he deserved for being a little autistic fuck.

I liked the new Mad Max. It's definitely better than the old ones, I'd be very surprised if anyone disagreed with that as well. It's great for what it is. It's a type of movie not usually done with so much effort and I suppose budget, that's the thing. The original movies were a bit like Death Race 2000 or even Conan The Destroyer, that kind of thing, and basically the new one is a 2010s version of that kind of 80s movie. It's very cool.