The Official Reveries news

NineFeetUnderground said:
that cover makes travis look like a child in finger painting class.

i love it. best opeth album cover yet.

(EDIT): unless travis actually did this cover...then i have a whole new respect for him.

^It says on the official site Travis did it, like Burning Sky said. Check the website for yourself.

the_3_toed_sloth said:
Yeah, look on the site - cover by Travis Smith, booklet artwork by Anthony Sorrento (http://www.opeth.com/anthony.html).

Hot Damn im excited! RELEASE THE ALBUM ALREADY!

So.. Where is Pe(a)r?

Peter looks like he's doing hip-hop, and Mike kind of looks like he's from India.

It's allright though. :Spin:

...and the cover and titles+news are excellent!! :hotjump:

Alcapoth said:

realcover1yx.jpg

Already been done...

coverghost20jq.jpg

shame they didn't release the track lengths as well-- i'm dying to know which are the epic songs ;)
and that cover looks sweet indeed. lots of album covers don't have the artist name or title on them so that may very well be the final one.

i think the cover would look better with just the Opeth logo, or nothing at all. no album title. i think we can count on the fans to know which is the new one.

actually, i think i liked a couple of the fake covers more than this one. not that i don't like this one, it gives off exactly the vibe that i am hoping the new record's music has, but i thought some of you guys did a really nice job with those fakes.

'baying of the hounds', 'the grand conjuration', and 'beneath the mire' are all pretty killer song titles.

The cover is fucking kvlt \m/. The cover coupled with the tracklist titles breathe a sort of MAYH/SL fusion aura. I'm getting pretty excited about this new record (and for them to announce some Australian tour dates).

Love the album cover and I love the song titles. Gives off a very creepy atmosphere.