The one song that represents Black Metal most for you

putting aside the fact that anthems is a horrible piece of shit (and this really is inarguable)

For one thing, taste is subjective, so you can't actually state that the band objectively sucks unless they actually cannot play their instruments (and Emperor could). Secondly, the vast majority of people who have heard it like it, so saying it sucks is a controversial statement that will of course be argued.

Wonder how long people will counter objectively-expressed opinions with that tired "it's just your opinion" before the people doing it understand: they do it to piss people like you off.

You think Black Metal is utterly hilarious that must mean.

tr00th

Ragnarok2004.jpg

I think all horror movies are utterly hilarious!

*posts pic of a funny horror movie for evidence*

:erk: doesn't work that way tbh

i hardly know anyone who likes anthems but then i guess i have high standards of company

i have never tried to piss anyone off in my life vvvvv i'm a friendly ferret

Anthems is easily my favorite album ever, pure black metal or not. I really fail to understand how anybody could find fault with it beyond the fact that it's not "trve" or "kvlt," the notion of which is juvenile and close-minded anyway. It laid the foundation for future "experimental" black metal bands like Deathspell Omega, and if you can't hear the influence of Anthems in brilliant records like Fas - Ite..., then you're deaf.

Anthems is easily my favorite album ever, pure black metal or not. I really fail to understand how anybody could find fault with it beyond the fact that it's not "trve" or "kvlt," the notion of which is juvenile and close-minded anyway. It laid the foundation for future "experimental" black metal bands like Deathspell Omega, and if you can't hear the influence of Anthems in brilliant records like Fas - Ite..., then you're deaf.

I won't deny it's an awesome album, but for some reason I prefer ITNE. Don't ask me why. I just do.

Both great albums. I don't see though how someone can like In the Nightside Eclipse and completely hate Anthems. It's such a natural progression between the albums, I think. Unless someone just dislikes Emperor... which is bollocks, in my opinion. :cool:

Both great albums. I don't see though how someone can like In the Nightside Eclipse and completely hate Anthems. It's such a natural progression between the albums, I think. Unless someone just dislikes Emperor... which is bollocks, in my opinion. :cool:

agreed

I forgot to list a song earlier that is, for me, the complete embodiment of everything black metal was ever about.

Mayhem - "Life Eternal"

I already listed "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" in my previous post, but I definitely meant this one. "Life Eternal" is easily my favorite Mayhem song. The main riff in that song is utterly haunting. Interestingly, Marduk ripped it off on some song from Nightwing.

1.Mayhem - Buried by Time and Dust
2.Darkthrone - The Pagan Winter
3.Graveland - The Night of Fullmoon