The Power metal thread

I don't really care what a name means most of the time. "What's in a name?" I don't give a damn. I think the name is just bad because of the way it sounds & the English words it uses.

Judas Priest is a fucking awesome name & it has a nice ring to it :saint:

I'm just saying that it's a bit unfair of you to call a name stupid or whatever when you refuse to understand it. Of course, this can be extracted to apply to just about everything as well.

Regarding proggy power or power-y prog, any fans of...

Pagan's Mind
Communic (Waves Of Visual Decay is fucking awesome)
Hibria (prog power thrash speed heavy epic amalgamation of awesomeness)

Fans of trad. power...anyone like:
Crescent Shield (I was impressed!)
Cyberya (semi-flowery but also kind of old-school sounding German PM)
Manilla Road (pushing it...but of course MR owns)

Naw, I'm just being honest. We all have band names that we dislike... Or am I the only one...?

Fates Warning is a band I really want to check out as I've heard a lot about them, I just never really looked into them. I've heard a bit from Helloween & I wasn't particulary liking of it, but maybe I just need to listen to it some more & let it grow.

Check out "Awaken the guardian" and "No Exit"

Can't stand this genre. It's totally cheesy just not my thing at all. I can't even bring myself to call it metal. Ugh.

Well, depending on what kind of "Power Metal" you're talking about, this shit is more Metal than 99% of the bands you listen to in terms of reciprocal relations to the origins of the genre.

Of the Metal that is still out today Power Metal is the most "Pure" in relation to the roots of original Metal. I have heard this being said on a few occassions.

Communic (Waves Of Visual Decay is fucking awesome)
Oh, yeah! I love this album!
Of the Metal that is still out today Power Metal is the most "Pure" in relation to the roots of original Metal. I have heard this being said on a few occassions.
I'd go along with that, although it's the first time I've heard it said. I like that metal's evolved as far as it has, and I like the newer power metal more than older metal, usually, but sometimes it's nice to see a different evolutionary path. I love power metal, even though I'm a doom girl through and through.

Sorry, Sonata Arctica disappointed massively. I'm excited to check out more of the bands mentioned in this thread, though.

\m/ Hammer

any good pm albums come out this year? i mainly listened to classic albums and thrash.

since everyone's mentioning bands i'll add a couple

twisted tower dire
crimson glory(underrated as fuck)

the only power metal bands i listen at the time are Wuthering Heights from Denmark and Dalriada from Hungary. Dalriada released a great album this year called 'Kikelet'. you have to get used to the female vocals though, although they are quite different from the standard female vocals out there, no crappy gothic wailing

Blind Guardian,although i wouldn´t call their 4 latest album power metal by the standards most people define it.
Iced Earth have always been pretty fuckin heavy.
Lost Horizon,sadly the singer Daniel Heiman left the band,but man he was sooo good.

Yeah, it's the Latin term for "greatest theatre" or something...not that lame.

Circus translates to ring, orbit, circle, or in most familiar contexts, racecourse.

The Circus Maximus was the "Greatest/Biggest Racecourse" in Rome, held for chariot races, mainly.