The Power metal thread

'Somewhere Far Beyond' is my creal favourite from Blind Guardian, followed by 'Imaginations Fro The Other Side' and 'Tales From The Twilight World'

Listening to the first track now and I'm so fucking glad you mentioned this. It's more straight folk metal than PM, but it's awesome!!

there are some of the most epic musical moments on that album. the choruses in 'Taltosenek' or 'Tuzhozo' for example. or the whole 'A Tavasz Dala'. this guy has really powerful vocals. i think hungarian language sound quite interesting combined with this folk/power metal stuff

I got Angra's first album from Nec & it's pretty cool I think. I haven't listned to stuff like this in a long time. Pretty damn good musicianship throughout as well I would say.

Jag Panzer... Everytime I've asked about them it seems I was almost always told they were either shitty or not very good. I know Chris Broderick is the guitarist & songwriter I think. If you had to describe them what would you say about them??

Just stay away from the newest one. It's the only other one I have & it sucks.

Persuader is a band I forgot to mention. They're a great Power Metal band. Their first album "The Hunter" is a great listen & it has some great playing throughout. I really need their 2nd album... I have their last album & it wasn't very good. It's probably skippable by my standards at least.

They are pretty good although the singer sounds a bit too much like you know who.

Jag Panzer... Everytime I've asked about them it seems I was almost always told they were either shitty or not very good. I know Chris Broderick is the guitarist & songwriter I think. If you had to describe them what would you say about them??

When I thik of Power Metal, I tend to think of eighties Maiden/Priest sounding. So the bands I listed lean towards that style of metal. If that helps any?

Whoever told you that about them is a complete fucking fool. They're amazing early US styled power metal - actually the first PM band I'd say. Ample Destruction is essential.

Whoever told you that about them is a complete fucking fool. They're amazing early US styled power metal - actually the first PM band I'd say. Ample Destruction is essential.

Well, I have also noticed that people tend to say that they suck.

I for one have never heard them.

If you like Liege Lord, listen to Ample Destruction (or Decade Of The Nail-Spiked Bat, which is a rerecording of most of those tracks because the band doesn't have the rights to release that album any more).

If you like Liege Lord, listen to Ample Destruction (or Decade Of The Nail-Spiked Bat, which is a rerecording of most of those tracks because the band doesn't have the rights to release that album any more).

K.

Also, wut are some bands similar to Master Control?

They are pretty good although the singer sounds a bit too much like you know who.

Um, who? With Power Metal only some vocalists stand out a lot, & I don't recall Persuader being one of those bands.

About Jag Panzer - I will have to check them out for myself. I've recently became interested in Power Metal again :lol: I can't make up my mind. I have heard some shit talk about them though. I remember watching a couple of their videos & not being impressed, but that was a long time ago.