The 'record-an-Opeth-riff' thread.

L0bster said:
Fruity Loops I think, they have a nice sample editor
Yep. There are cracked versions of Fruity Loops 3.0 all over the net.

And the credit for the good drum sounds goes to Jack...I hate programming drums. Everytime I do them they sound really fake and stupid because I am too lazy to spend the time on making them sound decent.

Wish I had a real kit to record with...or a trigger kit with a module...

How do you import the drumtrack from Fruity Loops into Cool Edit? Just export it as a .wav file and then import into Cool Edit?

I recall having fruity loops, but I couldn't find my way around it, nor figure out why I could only get one loop going and not be able to import it into the main playlist :lol:

Easy...
Emperor - The tongue of fire from "Prometheus - The discipline of fire & demise".
A very underrated album in my opinion... everybody seems to hate it...

Well... some good playing on both of those mp3's above!

Moonlapse said:
How do you import the drumtrack from Fruity Loops into Cool Edit? Just export it as a .wav file and then import into Cool Edit?

I recall having fruity loops, but I couldn't find my way around it, nor figure out why I could only get one loop going and not be able to import it into the main playlist :lol:
I have few good pointers for making THE DRUMS happen in fruity loop:
- use decent soundfont/samples
- use the fucking pianoroll editor thingy
- don't add any effects/eq/compressors to the drums in fruity loops
- don't adjust the volumes
- when you're making wav's, remember to make different ones for toms, cymbals, bassdrum, snare and maybe even A TRACK FOR THE HIHAT!

Then read this: http://www.recordingeq.com/EQ/req0900/primer.htm
that's a good ARTICLE about EEQING!

good work on the emperor, mr niel

EDIT: the new future music OR electronic musician had a great hands-on article about mixing
EDIT2: eXpecially about compressors

First: Demon of the Fall
Second: It's another one of those 'arghh so close but cant put my finger on it' things. I thought it was 'The Glass Prison' when I first heard it, but that's most assuredly wrong.

@Demon: That would be Forest.

The Evil Toucan said:

The second one is "In the shadown of our Pale Companion" from Agalloch! This thread kicks serious ass and i'll contribute some riffs tomorrow if I have time. I was thinking about collabortating with another guitarist to record a full Opeth song, like one of does mikael's parts and another does Peter's parts. If anyone is interested let me know, Rock on.
:headbang: