Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Guiliani

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Other/Undecided/Gon't give a damn/Not American

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters
Both of these statements are either stupid or wrong.

Agreed.

Hitlary will win, and not a damn thing will change.
This country deserves all the bullshit we get.

Last I heard, the Clinton juggernaut was slowing down quite a bit, and Obama had caught up a lot of ground, especially after that one speech he gave at the Jefferson Jackson dinner.

But EVERYONE there gets treated without crippling cost to them. That to me is more important than having lower taxes.

You're really not taking into account the horrible waiting lists, shoddy prioritizing of patients, and other unavoidable problems of socialized medicine.

Also, read the link I posted earlier...America runs on an essentially straight capitalist system (Wal-Mart is a nice example of this, and the biggest, most eyesore-esque of them all) and "free healthcare" HUGELY damages over-the-counter drug manufacturers...do you really want to risk such high-stakes economy downfalls with a system that hasn't been tested for a country like ours? It's not great how it is, but I'm really underwhelmed by the arguments FOR socialized healthcare.

Also, strict conservativism mainly has an eye out for the established who want to stay that way. Not necessarily the "old" as the statement CC stated implied.

I'm amazed by the amount of poverty you guys have. It's incredible. Don't get me wrong, we have some shocking levels here too, but in terms of percentage to the relative population, its much lower...

People don't want socialized medicine, really. They want 'fee for service' medicine they don't have to pay for at all. There is a huge difference between the two.

I am overwhelmed by the fact that human beings in our country do not receive adequate medical care.

Personally, I'm overwhelmed by the evidence against a socialized medical care system in the context of how our system currently works without a complete (unnecessary) overhaul.

I know it's not some perfect panacea and has many problems, but I don't see another solution, and obviously running it on the free market like we have been has failed.

What if there isn't a solution? It's not necessarily that realistic for all 300 million people in the U.S. to be able to afford medical treatment.

hey what happened to my post? as a libertarian I believe my 1st amendment rights have been violated!