The Shitposting Thread

Found a picture of Bloops(;)). Dont know why he discredit himself, the guy was actually a general in the NZSOF!
Funny-Skinny-Man-With-Kettelbells.jpg

Reactions: CiG and Bloopy
you ever taped/wrap up the handle? duct tape(and even wide electric tape)can give it a nice feel that can actually molds to your grip!

We used to tape cricket bat handles with tape when the rubber grip wore out but taping axe handles or sledge hammer handles etc was always a a no no for us. Sweat on the tape eventually loosens the tape's grip and the edges start peeling away. Once any grip started to slip an axe or a hammer becomes a potential weapon. We don't even use gloves for the same reason.

We used to tape cricket bat handles with tape when the rubber grip wore out but taping axe handles or sledge hammer handles etc was always a a no no for us. Sweat on the tape eventually loosens the tape's grip and the edges start peeling away. Once any grip started to slip an axe or a hammer becomes a potential weapon. We don't even use gloves for the same reason.
well the same can be said for a bat, whihc is why you wrap it up again once it starts getting beat up. What exactly where you doing? Im talking about chopping wood, not clearing forests lol

and yea no gloves for me either.

Reactions: Slammed
well the same can be said for a bat, whihc is why you wrap it up again once it starts getting beat up. What exactly where you doing? Im talking about chopping wood, not clearing forests lol

Many a cricket bat sailed through the window or nearly took a head off because of a slippery grip, but it still wasn't an axe :p

It depends on where we were to the purpose of the axe. In the bush we'd chop firewood for ourselves and others and the axe was used to split wood or lop branches. If we were falling trees for saw mill the axe was really only used for lopping. But it we were at wood chopping comps then there was a different axe for the standing block, a different one for the underhand and a different one for the tree lopping. Each one was sharper than the axes we used in the bush and each axe was looked after as if it was a piece of fine jewellery. There was also different axes depending on the wood that was being chopped.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
yeah, i personally dont like wrapping up my bats and have never had one fly out of my hand(in my adult life at least :D). The tape we use to wrap them up actually adds far better grip and you dont have to worry about the your hands getting wet and slippery and losing control of the bat. It's called grip tape for a reason.

And who knew a stay at home wife would enter wood chopping competitions :D

Reactions: Slammed and Sophii
It does add grip but generally not for long. In cricket the batsman hold his bat for the entire time he's playing which could be hours, they often change gloves when they get too sweaty but the rubber grips provide the hand to handle grip needed. At home tape is a quick and usually temporary fix.

This house wench wouldn't have a hope in hell entering even the seniors wood chopping comps these days. My last competitive chop would have been around '98.

Reactions: Sophii
im still laughing at how bloops is having a hard time with "little girls should be treated like little girls". I'm almost sure that dude doesnt have children and hasnt spent much time around them either. When you go to buy them their first doll, you dont reach for a Ken. When you go to buy your son/nephew an action figure you dont reach for a barbie doll. SHOCKING??????? :lol:
Believe it or not, kids can choose that shit themselves and don't need you to do it for them. The first time my sister was gifted a doll, she said "ewww, I hate dolls" as she threw it over her shoulder. As time went on she did play with them occasionally, but she was destined to grow into a down-to-earth feminine lady and not a lesbian SJW as you seem to think. I know a woman whose young son wears skirts because he likes skirts. As they did in the Victorian era. Only assholes have a cry about it.

What I picked up in your post is that your views are largely at odds with mine. Nothing to do with any insecurity. There's far more stigma than there needs to be about these things.

Believe it or not, kids can choose that shit themselves
welll noooooo shiiiittt? You seem to have zero clue as to what parenting is about. Please dont ever have kids.

and don't need you to do it for them. The first time my sister was gifted a doll, she said "ewww, I hate dolls" as she threw it over her shoulder.
again, this is beyond the point. If you weren't so dense you would understand exactly what i was saying .... which is literally about guidance.

I know a woman whose young son wears skirts because he likes skirts. As they did in the Victorian era. Only assholes have a cry about it.

if you see no problem with a parent encouraging or allowing their young son to wear a skirt then please dont ever engage in this type of conversation with me again. Just lost whatever tiny bit of respect i had for you just from that comment.

I know a woman whose young son wears skirts because he likes skirts. As they did in the Victorian era. Only assholes have a cry about it.

We get quite a few stories on the tv these days about men who also wear skirts because their sons want to. Guys who are sick of their kids being bullied, those just happy to support their sons. It's not hard to find someone who cries about it but the number who either support it, or just don't give a shit and are happy to let people live their own life far out numbers the ones who cry about it.

I've never proclaimed to be 'in my mind' but most fathers I know support their kids. Whether they would all be entirely happy if their sons came home in dresses, or their daughters came home in budgie smugglers wasn't the point. Most of them are however happy to let others live their own life and not cry because the guy down the road wears a dress to support his son.