The Shitposting Thread

Going down the rabbit hole is safe enough when done the right way but public forums aren't the place to do it.

I have proofs of all the albums/graphics I've done archived in safe storage. My cuz's stuff was supposed to be on Spotify by now but he's not really interested in selling his music any more so none of the albums have actually made it.

Reactions: Sophii
Started out in a metal band then moved towards everything else. These days he'll play anything, anywhere, anytime.

Yeah he's living the dream (his dream), plays music every day, gets to sleep in his own bed nearly every night and still making enough to live and add to his 200 strong instrument collection.

Jesus christ man, thatz a fuck ton of instruments.

I mean, if he feels successful with it, then thats success in my book. Living happily doing what you love

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah I can't fault him, partly because I'd love to be that talented, but also because I've never believed success = money

In the past three days Ive found an odd interest in learning about mushrooms/fruited fungi.

Such an odd species of life.

tbh I don’t mess with psychedelic mushrooms that much because LSD is so openly available to me but I do like to hunt the edible types and photograph them sometimes. I don’t have a ton on this phone but let’s see what I’ve got...

it seems I only have my last trip to the botanical gardens around here on this particular phone but here we go...

An oyster mushroom growing on a mossy log. My favorite edible mushroom but there was only one so I left him be.
752ED452-F3AA-4A40-8B10-7FCC882E3F86.jpeg

A dead log absolutely inundated with tiny mushrooms. Species unidentifiable to me. Couldn’t find this one in my book.
AC0822E0-09F2-4523-8D94-D6F32E4737C7.jpeg

Russala species. If you take a tiny bit and taste it, as long as it isn’t spicy like horseradish, this would be edible.

D3141262-31EC-4BAA-8F69-DD71B39EF185.jpeg

amanita family. Unsure of specific species. Potentially deadly as it resides in the family of the death cap and the destroying angel (which commonly pop up in my yard in the spring)
DC35C4A0-8D0F-405F-891F-08AAF96D9964.jpeg

Potentially oyster mushrooms Of some sort. Maybe toxic angel wings. Didn’t harvest them because they were tiny and I wasn’t sure. (Probably could have smell tasted these as oyster mushrooms either smell of anise or fresh trout depending on point in their life cycle)
E575DF47-C83E-4BA2-8BDF-6F2C3377A3FD.jpeg

Ghost/Indian Pipes. A plant that doesn’t use chlorophyll to grow and instead feeds on fungus to survive (usually rusalla species)
80AA2615-B8D8-4F29-8D85-90DE8868E616.jpeg

tbh I forget what this mushroom is. It was extremely tall though.
946397B6-DD17-4FE0-9459-97E034EF8A3E.jpeg

“Bear corn” another plant that doesn’t require chlorophyll to survive, it eats fungus
64CA8555-EEAC-4A76-AC84-C66C3D94C9DD.jpeg

An unidentified jelly fungus. If I grabbed my book I could tell you this ones name. Seems specific enough.
BC74659C-0E83-4236-9BFC-E551DAF39E54.jpeg

If you want to know anything else @Terasophe let me know and I’ll see what I can do. I have many more pictures posted between Facebook here and insta and I have some knowledge in general of mushrooms because I find them fascinating.

Alright, cool! I ADORED those photos; mushrooms all have an awesome unique design.

As far as edible shrooms (non psychedelic) which are some of your favorites to eat/cook? (Saw where you said oyster shrooms are one*) I've only ever had your standard button cap mushroom you find in stores or at restaurants that serve them on pizza, etc.

Last edited:
Next time I order pizza, Im gonna stop.being a picky bastard and try new things on pizza that isnt just meat! Next experiment is gonna be pepperoni + mushrooms + jalapenos and maybe another sausage type, or ham.

I've rarely done the choose your own ingredients thing, but I've ordered takeaway pizzas with all sorts of interesting ingredients, eg. rabbit or honey mustard or Indian curry/spices or potato wedges. I particularly liked a 'burger pizza' which had mince, gherkins and mayo on it. The main things I tend to avoid are ones with seafood or plain-ass chicken or lamb, but I'll try just about anything else.

And then there was this:

54f94bd6ac993_-_pizza-hut-new-zealand-cheezee-marmite-stuffed-crust.jpeg

Reactions: CiG