The Tech Question Thread

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yea...it was my very first ride. I owned it for 10 months. Bought it for $750 and put approx. $2,000 into it in repairs within them 10 months. Not to mention the runway I had to have built for it to take off.

What really sold me on it was the floating shift.

I learned how to drive standard on a car that you couldnt visually tell wtf gear you were in or where to go....but you got used to it quickly. Oh, and the one HUGE windshield wiper.

Oh, and the extremely loud knocking pistons and smoke trail from under my hood that I left in my wake wherever I went.

subaruxt3.jpg

LOL @ this article (especially the comments :lol: :lol: :lol:) on the uber-hip XT: http://www.carlustblog.com/2008/03/car-lust--subar.html

haha that was a fun read. In the early 90s, I came very close to getting an XT. It must've been a 1990 or 91 or something. Still pretty new. I remember playing "Images and Words" to test out the cassette player. My Dad was riding shotgun and he said, "what the hell is this music?"

Anyway....it was SLOW AS FUCK.

It's funny to think about how little power the turbo cars of the 80s had. Recall the Chrysler Laser had something like 140 hp haha. I wanted that car so bad. Now I can get a *motorcycle* with that kind of power

LOL, I dont remember. The only turbo I have ever driven was an Eagle Talon turbo. What a piece of shit that thing was but it was fun to clip around in that one time. A guy I worked with had a 300z twin turbo that I used to drool over. Never got to drive that fucker.

lol I test drove an Eagle Talon turbo back in the day. My brother and his friend went with me. The poor sales guy thought we were going to thrash the thing so he insisted on going with us. You remember how fucking small that car was? Well, dude was pretty portly. Needless to say, performance wasn't all that impressive with four largish dudes in the car haha

Mmmm....300Z twin turbo. Reminds me of the Mitsubishi GT VR-4 and the Dodge Stealth R/T.

I don't think I've ever seen either one of those cars in real life. Strange.
Maybe because I lived in podunkville during the '90s.

They were absolute pieces of shit but they were sexy as all get out.

To this day, my favorite cars have both been Toyotas. 86 Celica and 91 Tercel. Aside from roadside thieves and freeway flip-overs, both virtually indestructible.

My current Honda Accord is definitely in line to bump them both though. I think I will never own anything other than a Toyota or Honda for as long as I live.

As far as *cars* go, there's simply no reason to own anything other than a Honda Accord.