The Tech Question Thread

On my old laptop (the one I'm using now) the cursor jumps to another portion of text while I'm typing without being prompted to do so. Hence, I have to correct every 7th word. Negar, erroneously becomes Negra. I disconnected the wireless mouse, but the problem persisted. Bleh

Could it be the touch pad you are accidentally touching while typing? Try hooking up a regular keyboard to see if that solves the problem.

On my old laptop (the one I'm using now) the cursor jumps to another portion of text while I'm typing without being prompted to do so.

This happens to me alot and the culprit is as Brandon suggested: my thumb hits the touchpad.

Win 7? nada ... have a few licensed copies from a friends new office pcs that we downgraded to XP

Sweet. That's what I use...so you know they're good :loco:

Hey, I got a tech question: the Subaru's system is so bad I can't even listen to it. Will installing and amping a pair of good speakers make a difference? Or am I going to have to install some kind of "signal processor" pre-amp (as one cannot change out the head unit in a Subaru)?

I've already lost interest :lol:

Subaru head units are integrated into the climate control system, btw. Most newer cars are like that, as far as I can tell. Form over function *rolls eyes*

Sucks though that I have perfectly good Pioneer D-series speakers sitting in the garage but they only fit Ford/Mazda :(