The Tech Question Thread

i'm looking at routers too, since i'm moving to a new apartment and now i'll need to share internets with my girlfriend

decided on this:

http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=580427

because not only does it sound like it's fast and reliable, it also has open source firmware and is completely open to software modifications, which means that nerds all over the world will continue to maintain, improve and support this device indefinitely, to your benefit. there's improved firmware called TOMATO that you can install pretty easily, it adds a number of features and makes it sleeker and faster than the f/w it ships with
If you want, I think I may have one or two that probably work decently that you can Borrow(tm). No fancy shit but wired 100mbps should work.

ALSO BTW!?!??? If you want one (1) less item to move I can come by and pick my bass up this weekend.

If you want, I think I may have one or two that probably work decently that you can Borrow(tm). No fancy shit but wired 100mbps should work.

ALSO BTW!?!??? If you want one (1) less item to move I can come by and pick my bass up this weekend.

1. thanks but naw, i need/want wireless

2. sounds good call me

since this new Google privacy/ sharing shit started a week or so ago ... my Chrome has been acting really freaking buggy.

anyone have the same experience?

Had to buy a new wireless router today. Kinda pricey.
Our shitz kept cutting out and Comcast swore up and down it wasn't their service - that it was our router

So, anyone want a Belkin N wireless router that may or may not work properly?

because he fucking can

HEIL CAPITALISM

vUKkd.gif

can someone explain to me the pros/cons of LCD/LED/PLASMA ... seems some years ago there was a significant difference but the lines are now pretty blurred.

why is Plasma significantly lower priced than LCD/LED for large screen models (seems they only come in 40" and above to begin with)

3 cons from years ago were ... heavy sets, length of screen life based on some x amount of hours and looking bad from side viewing angles.

pros being much richer colors, deep blacks and overall better picture (if watching dead center)

what's the dealio?