The Tech Question Thread

Uuhh..so I bought a replacement hd and apparently its not a plug and play situation lol
I don't know what to do next....how do you boot a new hd?

yo fyi

you need to "install" an "operating system" onto your "hard disk drive" before it will "boot"

this is pretty advanced shit im aware but just trust me on this.

so this is where you go into some overflowing closet to dig out the box your cheap shit laptop came in feverishly searching for the windows disc or "system restore" disc, only to find out every computer manufacturer has been too cheap to include physical discs for the last 15 years (instead expecting you to burn your own discs directly after purchasing the accursed thing; literally not a single person on earth has ever done this) so instead with the full force of your Will and Spirit you curse to a fiery extinction the entirety of the jewish whore-god jehova's garbage creation and swear off computers forever

^this :lol:

So, afterwards, I went and bought the cheapest, shittiest laptop I could find.

What's the standard amount of RAM in an average pc nowadays? Just added an additional 3gb since netflix was running like ass. Now I have a total of 6gb, but the cpu usage is still @100% when running silverlight.

Discuss!

i have 4gb and everything is running pretty buttery still.

erik will tell you what to do ...

What's the standard amount of RAM in an average pc nowadays? Just added an additional 3gb since netflix was running like ass. Now I have a total of 6gb, but the cpu usage is still @100% when running silverlight.

Discuss!

whatever possessed you to buy more ram when your cpu is maxed out? i mean that's pretty basic shit right there. if you're maxing out your ram, you buy more ram. if you're maxing out your cpu, you buy a better cpu.

hope this helps.

whatever possessed you to buy more ram when your cpu is maxed out? i mean that's pretty basic shit right there. if you're maxing out your ram, you buy more ram. if you're maxing out your cpu, you buy a better cpu.

hope this helps.

Thing is that this computer runs everything fine, sans netshitz. I'm going to have to attributed it to having a shitty wifi connection. May directly connect this beach in to the router.

Thing is that this computer runs everything fine, sans netshitz. I'm going to have to attributed it to having a shitty wifi connection. May directly connect this beach in to the router.

yeah you should probably do that, but neither the amount of ram nor your wifi connection has anything to do with silverlight grabbing 100% cpu time

silverlight being a microsoft product and therefore dreadful fucking shit is a factor, but from what i gather that you can't easily escape it if you want to use netflix