The thread of joy and enjoyment!

BMWG - oh neat! Do you know which school? Also I am from Schenectady, not so far from Cooperstown...

Srontgorrth - I do, I'm in "metal_community" and I post about twice a year there

CyanideChrist - Yeah I'm 23. It's hard to tell but lots of people keep talking about school plays and such so I assumed there were a lot of high school and college age people on here.

My last exam of Semester 3 this afternoon! I can finally get blind drunk again. The last week has been stupidly stressful. Just have to spend an hour poking at cadavers and picking out multiple choice answers then I'm running straight to the Bar.

No, I'm not sure, but I can ask her. I already called dibs though, so you have to promise not to put it in her.

I've been to Schenectady before a few times, but I don't remember where it is exactly. What are you doing in Japan?

Schenectady is just east of Amsterdam and just west of Albany.

I am teaching English here through the JET Program. Easy work and decent money.

If I wanted to put it in her I'd have to grow a dick and become attracted to females first. You're safe. ;)

Schenectady is just east of Amsterdam and just west of Albany.
I don't know where Amsterdam is, but I know how to get to Albany. I suppose I could just look at a map though, and this conversation wouldn't be necessary :lol:
I am teaching English here through the JET Program. Easy work and decent money.
I may have heard of the JET program before and it's definitely something that would interest me. Do you actually have to be fluent in the local language or is it enough to just know English? Do they provide opportunies to take language classes, if you're not already familiar with the language? Do they have a branch in China?
If I wanted to put it in her I'd have to grow a dick and become attracted to females first. You're safe. ;)
Oh, well in that case :lol:

I wasn't sure what your sex was based upon the other posts of yours that I've read, but being a metal forum, male seemed more likely. She is bicurious though and loves Asian people, so if you're Asian, watch out! :p

0612tr_03_z+1989_chevrolet_show_truck+rear_view.jpg

Wow, that is a true vehicular abomination.

I don't know where Amsterdam is, but I know how to get to Albany. I suppose I could just look at a map though, and this conversation wouldn't be necessary :lol:

You don't need to know where Amsterdam is. Albany is all you need. :D

I may have heard of the JET program before and it's definitely something that would interest me. Do you actually have to be fluent in the local language or is it enough to just know English? Do they provide opportunies to take language classes, if you're not already familiar with the language? Do they have a branch in China?

The J in JET stands for Japan, you work as a civil servant English teaching assistant for a prefectural or municipal board of education teaching in schools. You don't need to be able to speak or read Japanese to be accepted but some interest and proof of international interest/experience helps. There are language classes offered but the best way to learn is to make a Japanese friend. In China there are other options which I know nothing about, but a lot of them pay a Chinese salary which would make saving difficult. The JET salary right now is about $41k (3.6 million yen/year) and often living expenses are dirt cheap - I pay $120/month rent for instance

I wasn't sure what your sex was based upon the other posts of yours that I've read, but being a metal forum, male seemed more likely. She is bicurious though and loves Asian people, so if you're Asian, watch out! :p

Ha. She won't be able to pick me out of a crowd!

I pay $120/month rent for instance

Holy shit, I thought Japan was a very very expensive place to live, or is it just Tokyo? Considering that it's supposed to be one of the most expensive cities, I thought there would've been a trickle down effect. 120USD per month is ridiculously inexpensive and one wouldn't get even a half-decent accomodation for that price in my city at least.

Japan is about as cheap/expensive as the United States. I live in subsidized government housing in a really crappy apartment in a poor industrial city, which is why it's cheap. Other people with my same job in different parts of the country pay up to 600 USD/month. I just got lucky!

I'm enjoying the forum more, now that i have krampus on my ignore. She's like a RandyMoss clone, but somehow intelligent than him.

I don't know. Everytime someone posts something, i see her post underneath it, which is making me angry. It's like what old RandyMoss used to do. Look at her total post count, it's been 2 weeks since she joined, and she has more than 200 posts.

Nothing wrong with Krampus, she's just a bit post-happy and doesn't seem terribly interested in discussing metal. Top of my shitlist right now would be RandyMOSS (of course) and JG.