The thread of joy and enjoyment!

I don't get all this Prius hate. It isn't my first choice, but I would drive one.

EDIT: Until I see a commercial for something more appealing, this is my dream ride.

6015_cc0640_001_I7.jpg

EDIT2: Perfect! I've been wondering whether its back door opened as a hatch or as a fifth door and forgot to ask when I visited the dealership. I prefer the hatch design because vehicles parked behind you don't need to be as far away for you to open it.

Kia_Soul_cargo.jpg

Lets see:

Reasons not to buy a vehicle:

Looks like an egg: Prius Check
No towing capability: Prius Check
No offroad capability: Prius Check
Driven by ignorant trendsters: Prius Check

Looks like an egg: Prius Check
No towing capability: Prius Check
No offroad capability: Prius Check
Driven by ignorant trendsters: Prius Check
- Aesthetics are subjective.
- Probably not a concern for the demographic that drives it.
- How can you judge a car by the person in the driver seat? In any case, ignorant trendsters are probably equally dismissive of your opinion as you are of theirs.

- Aesthetics are subjective.
- How can you judge a car by the person in the driver seat? In any case, ignorant trendsters are probably equally dismissive of your opinion as you are of theirs.

Saying it looks like an egg isn't subjective. Liking egg shaped vehicles is :erk:

People who aren't interested in getting off the road would also probably be the same group with the herd like qualities that support ignorant trends.

They can keep dismissing my opinion while they drive their recalled vehicles back to the dealer, while hoping they don't have to go on any surface other than pavement to get there for fear of being stuck.

I got my '05 Kia Spectra last April. There's not much to the Spectra, but really I think that's what I love about it. It's got everything I want and nothing I don't. A very simple little car. It's also dirt cheap: $2500 down and I pay $195 a month (five year pay-off plan, but my Mom has offered to use her recent inheritance to pay it off early).

Best part is that it's actually mine and not a hand-me-down from Grandma. I also like that it is black.

Saying it looks like an egg isn't subjective. Liking egg shaped vehicles is :erk:

People who aren't interested in getting off the road would also probably be the same group with the herd like qualities that support ignorant trends.

They can keep dismissing my opinion while they drive their recalled vehicles back to the dealer, while hoping they don't have to go on any surface other than pavement to get there for fear of being stuck.
While I'm not a fan of the shape of the car, it doesn't bother me that other people like it, and I don't understand why it bothers you so much that others would buy it.

The majority of the Prius owning population probably just wants a to-and-from vehicle that is relatively inexpensive to own and maintain, which I think is a perfectly reasonable expectation. If you really want to point your finger at a "consumer whore" demographic, consider how many imaculately clean Hummers are driving around, as well as the number of pick up trucks with empty beds and non-car pooler SUV drivers. Those are the people who are kidding themselves.

what the fuck this is such a massive generalization that i can't even begin to imagine how you actually legitimately thought it

The majority of the Prius owning population probably just wants a to-and-from vehicle that is relatively inexpensive to own and maintain, which I think is a perfectly reasonable expectation.

If that was the reason they could buy a small non-Hybrid Kia or Honda or Toyota, as the pricetag and total cost of ownership is thousands less. The only reason to own a Prius over the nearly as fuel efficient and much cheaper (and stylish) autos is to be seen as more "eco-friendly", which is a mostly unsubstantiated position for the current hybrids.

If you really want to point your finger at a "consumer whore" demographic, consider how many imaculately clean Hummers are driving around, as well as the number of pick up trucks with empty beds and non-car pooler SUV drivers. Those are the people who are kidding themselves.

While I do find SUVs a waste to some degree (can't do any dirty hauling), and Hummer's cost a whole lot of money for what you get, picking on an empty pickup bed is stupid. You can't be offroad or hauling or towing every time you leave the house.
If you want to pick on a truck like

0612tr_03_z+1989_chevrolet_show_truck+rear_view.jpg

Be my guest.

what the fuck this is such a massive generalization that i can't even begin to imagine how you actually legitimately thought it

opinion is negated by the ignorant followup:

dak just needs to get REALLY fucking stoned and just relax

Dakryn probably wants to go off-road because he's tree-hugging, hippy peacenik who wants to "get back to nature" or something lame like that.

You little baiter you.

Dakryn just sounds like an idealistic young'un to me...

lol. I am older than almost everyone who has posted in the last couple of pages by a few years, but if idealism = young then sure :oops:

Young at heart. I hope you don't have a breakdown if you suddenly become a nihilist. Are you older than me?

Krampus, aren't you only 23? You keep mentioning how old you are, even telling some dude that was like 18 that he could be your grandson if I recall correctly..most of us are actually older than you

...however I like 'em young though :heh: