The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

god this song is so fucking catchy, and the girl in the hat Yoo Ara <33

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever recommended me Lush, thank you. I listened to this song at least 30 times in a single acid trip and liked it more each time.

Probably my favorite group now. They're a mix of Trip-Hop, Electronic, Dreampop, and R&B. They also experiment quite a bit.

Their stuff ranges from kind of scary

to upbeat and poppy

to dreamy and soothing.

This band sound so Australian. I've been listening to this song all day. They've nailed the blend of rock, country and punk beautifully.

I never thought the day would come, but I've been checking out this whole "rap" thing lately. I can't stand the modern rap that pass as music today, however, old-school rap can actually be pretty fun listening. I've always loved good drum beats in metal, and rhythm is totally my thing. I will never identify myself as a "rap-fan" but I think it's high time to put my long time hatred of a form of music I know so little about aside and broaden my perspective.

Mumford & Sons aren't that bad; I usually don't go for the pop-folk thing, but they have some really good tunes.

Just stumbled across this act recently; really dig the dark psych thing they have going. And I love the vocalist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMcAzCpBik

The transitions caught me off guard, but were still really well-done. I'm going to have to buy this. It makes me think of a darker version of Dead Can Dance with less ethnic influences and some heavy riffs thrown in.

German Hip-Hop at its finest.

If you happen to see this post Cody, since you liked the First Aid Kit song I posted you should really like this too. Former Slowdive members making country music.

Anyone in to the hip hop scene? I been diggin some Joey Badass and Shabazz Palace. And Death Grip new shit is meh. His vocals are what kill it for me. But the instrumentals are sick.

I don't consider gas masks and cephalopodic hair extensions attractive, but damn the music's good.

Not the real deal. Closest I came to it was when Angels on Acid played in the back of a Thai restaurant in Salem a couple years ago. Only time I ever danced with serious intent (unless slow-dancing at weddings counts).