The (Un)official Royal Carnage forum picture page

That baby eye's pretty awesome.

I got a new fish last week. Here, I shall show you.

Albert Fish the fish.
DSC04344.jpg

Marie often admires him from afar, but he barely notices her.
DSC04341.jpg

hmm those are nice, especially the second one with the bird, and the takumars are sharp as hell for sure, but pretty low contrast at f/2 it looks like in the first few pics

not that most lenses are super contrasty at wide apertures like that but you might wanna compensate for it in photosnop

Indeed - I've noticed that both the Meyer 135 2.8 and super tak 105 2.8 (which I have taken all of the photos with except for the portrait ones) seems to produce pretty subdued colors, the meyer one even more than the super tak. Guess it might have something to do with coating?

Mikes computer screen isn't calibrated for 5 öre though and I guess photosnop and lightroom uses different color profiles compared to the rest because photos never look the same colorwise in those programs compared to the final jpg so I currently stay clear of it until someone fixs it :p

pretty low contrast at f/2 it looks like in the first few pics
You can't really trust the exif when using an adapter though, it always says 2.0 because the camera is set like that and nothing tells the camera what the real opening is like.
Most of these were taken wide open though (except for the photo of me I think)

Indeed - I've noticed that both the Meyer 135 2.8 and super tak 105 2.8 (which I have taken all of the photos with except for the portrait ones) seems to produce pretty subdued colors, the meyer one even more than the super tak. Guess it might have something to do with coating?
possibly. pentax lenses are known for pretty saturated colors but 1) there is grey vårvinter outside and no real colour to even capture and 2) i think "super takumar" means it doesn't have the pentax super-multi-coating that has been on pentax every lens since then and that probably does affect colour rendering a bit

it's mostly just that the whites aren't white and the blacks aren't black though

oooh and these are in adobergb. you should ONLY post srgb jpegs to the internet. browsers can not view adobergb. because of adobergb's wider color gamut they will show up as washed-out when you view them on srgb devices (i.e. everyone's monitor) this is after conversion to srgb and a real quick "auto levels":

2yl5hqe.jpg

You can't really trust the exif when using an adapter though, it always says 2.0 because the camera is set like that and nothing tells the camera what the real opening is like.
Most of these were taken wide open though (except for the photo of me I think)

yeah i thought that was weird but i figured maybe the canon adapter has aperture coupling somehow

when using lenses without aperture coupling on pentax it puts "f/0" on all pictures so that's why i was confused

here's more "GENERAL INTEREST" super nerdy shit
here's a 100% crop of my stupid little chinon 135 that cost almost literally nothing:

2u7xi76.jpg

and i'm pretty sure this was at 2,8 too

oooh and these are in adobergb. you should ONLY post srgb jpegs to the internet. browsers can not view adobergb. because of adobergb's wider color gamut they will show up as washed-out when you view them on srgb devices (i.e. everyone's monitor) this is after conversion to srgb and a real quick "auto levels":

2yl5hqe.jpg

AWESOME, thanks for teaching me this, had no idea! Guess this means I have to start over converting thousands of photographs from raw, OH YEAH. :headbang:

there should be a "color space" setting on your camera, be sure to set that to srgb

adobergb is only useful if you have a calibrated monitor + calibrated printer workflow

there should be a "color space" setting on your camera, be sure to set that to srgb

adobergb is only useful if you have a calibrated monitor + calibrated printer workflow

Shall check - I now actually remember reading about all of this when I first got the cam and Mike forced me to read the manual and other useful books of information that I probably also have forgotten about.

all of this is making me a bit annoyed at myself, oh well

EDIT: We printed a few earlier this week and those turned out great though