The (Un)official Royal Carnage forum picture page

For you Swedes.

a29_22082205.jpg

Also, HAI GUYS!

what is this guy doing

also, hai tully

thanks .. not going to get a tape deck though ... don;t have enought tapes left over and they are certainly more of a pain in the ass than LPs.

do want a turntable though ... direct drive or belt? belt I hear are the shiznit but can be temperamental with the belt adjustment.

direct drive is for dj's with their technics 1200's. they're more robust and durable, but are prone to transferring vibrations from the motor mechanism to the pickup, so for the best sound, you will want belt-drive. most reasonably "hi-fi" turntables will be belt drive, so you don't really have to think too much about that.

denon makes some decent ones (some of which are pretty ugly, but the DP-300F looks like a decent choice) and then there are popular my-first-audiophilia ones like the rega p1 that are probably very good in the bang-4-buck category. what put me off the regas is the fact that you have to manually move the belt from one gear to another to select between 33 and 45 rpm, which just seems bothersome to me

it's-a me, mario

thanks ... the new Rega P1 is rather gorgeous ... it wouldn't bother me to switch gears manually ... not that I have really 45's anyway ...

Rega1_450.jpg

it is $450 though ... that bothers me.