The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Or you could just leave that shitty part of the United States

But seriously, 'twice as much' 2 grand is too much to get newer?! The mileage is ok, but jesus that thing is got to be on its last limbs.

Are you kidding? I love LA. The traffic and the entertainment industry (or at least parts of it) are the only real negatives. There's tons of art, music and cultural diversity. Amazing beaches and it's close to amazing woods and deserts. Excellent food and excellent weather.

As for the car, it needs some key replacements (i.e. belts and tires) but the mechanic said the engine, transmission, etc. are in good condition. I think you're overrating age a little. Milage and accident history are more important. Also, out here there's no snow and therefore no salting of streets, so the bodies of cars last much longer.

About to enjoy a chai latte and cinnamon roll from Starbucks (metal as fuck) and blasting Sepultura.

And a Toyota from 91? Damn, we've always had Toyotas, but they only lasted 10-12 years at the longest (as opposed to American cars, which you have to replace every 3-4 years... probably why Detroit is going bankrupt now...)

What album?

My opinion of you rides on this question.

Yeah I'm thinking of writing a short story or novella about someone going cross country. It'd be based on the people I've met on Greyhoud (back in the day when I was insane enough to take that thing) and the people I've met on buses. There's more then enough weird and memorable experiences.

Oh the Greyhound. I once sat next to a recovering crackhead who was going to New York to stay with a "business associate" because the mother of his son was preventing contact. I had to comfort him the entire way down. Also bought him a pack of cigarettes (he insisted on American Spirits, dude wasn't cheap.)

I also sat in front of a guy going cross country who was having a phone conversation with his baby mama about signing away his parental rights. Too bad I didn't get to talk to him too. You really meet some interesting people on those buses...

Fuck baseball in general. Shit is almost as boring to watch as golf.

And for the record, fuck greyhound. Worst service and people I've ever had to deal with. Took a greyhound across country last year, and never again will I support that bullshit company. The cheap price comes with cheap service.

:kickass:

Who's pitching tomorrow?

Edit: Yea, ever since magic johnson took over, the Dodgers have been "jiggafgied".

I think it's Greinke.

I'm more of an Angels fan actually, but since they suck balls this year, it's a waste to pay much attention to them. Their management is so fucking backwards. I'm kinda rooting for the Dodgers this year, as I kinda like them, unlike most Angel fans. I'm not really that into baseball compared to hockey, anyways. Fucking wish it was October.

Greinke? Game over, the rays should just start worrying about Sunday.

Same here, i've been a Dodgers fan my whole life and at the same have always liked the Angels, they're one of my favorite AL teams ... and i always get some shit from my buddies for that lol.

The Angels have a horrible rotation and a bullpen that's even worse. That sucks when you consider the amount of talent they have in their lineup.

edit: I love baseball, my favorite team sport. Never liked or watched american football, stop watching basketball a while ago and just started getting into Hockey about few years back... such an awesome sport.

Are you kidding? I love LA. The traffic and the entertainment industry (or at least parts of it) are the only real negatives. There's tons of art, music and cultural diversity. Amazing beaches and it's close to amazing woods and deserts. Excellent food and excellent weather.

I have been to a lot of deserts and never thought they were amazing. It's hot as fuck there and the people are phonies and so is the 'food' culture. Woods? I don't think I saw any natural vegetation growing in that whole southern part of the state when I was there.

The only thing the Angels have going for them is Trout, who's probably the greatest player I've even seen, but it's only so fun to follow a single player's stats. That team is painful as hell to watch, and unless Pujols and Hamilton can turn it around next year, they're going to be mediocre to very bad for a while.

I hate the NBA these days and their constant Lebron fellating, and the NFL is cool, but I'm not that passionate about it, and it's kinda hard to follow my two favorite teams when they're 2 and 6 hours away, and I don't get most of their games on tv. Hockey is the perfect sport for me. Constant action, lots of intensity, the fact that you need an actual team to win anything (and not just a few stars), and I love the niche aspect of it.

I have been to a lot of deserts and never thought they were amazing. It's hot as fuck there and the people are phonies and so is the 'food' culture. Woods? I don't think I saw any natural vegetation growing in that whole southern part of the state when I was there.

If you drive a couple hours northeast, you'll run into Yosemite or Sequioa national parks. While LA has some shitty people, there are about 18 million people within the metro area, so you'll find some good people too.

You probably have only seen like 0.0000001% of LA.

Ever been to Joshua Tree?

I do have to agree that parts of the desert have their majesty, I miss the desert at times. Just not the absolutely flat, barren (often salt) flats that make up much of California desert.

Honestly a large portion of the phonies are people who moved to LA from Small Town USA because they were the most popular kid in their high school and now think they're gonna be a big star. The flipside of that is that LA draws a lot of really creative and unique people who are great at what they do. There are also rich assholes, but that's no different than any other major city with money. Most people I meet on the day to day, espeicaly those born and raised in California, are friendly and laid back.

A friend of mine said LA is a bad place to visit and great place to live and I think that's totally accurate. You really have to be here for a while to learn how to see all it has to offer. But then again, giant cities are not for everyone, so it's understood if it's not your thing.