The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Played my drums for the first time in a year... a wake up call to get my head out of my ass and start practicing again.

If you drive a couple hours northeast, you'll run into Yosemite or Sequioa national parks. While LA has some shitty people, there are about 18 million people within the metro area, so you'll find some good people too.

You probably have only seen like 0.0000001% of LA.

Northern Cali isn't southern so that's a silly point, and it seems nice up there and I got an army buddy who stays in Lake Tahoe and i'll visit him someday probably. Well if the .000001% is that terrible, I would have no reason to head back that way. But you obviously can't see everything in a week trip.

Ever been to Joshua Tree?

Nah never heard of that place

I do have to agree that parts of the desert have their majesty, I miss the desert at times. Just not the absolutely flat, barren (often salt) flats that make up much of California desert.

It's probably cool to see the white sands in New Mexico and the Moab park in Utah but that's gotta be it. Deserts are the worst places I swear

Honestly a large portion of the phonies are people who moved to LA from Small Town USA because they were the most popular kid in their high school and now think they're gonna be a big star. The flipside of that is that LA draws a lot of really creative and unique people who are great at what they do. There are also rich assholes, but that's no different than any other major city with money. Most people I meet on the day to day, espeicaly those born and raised in California, are friendly and laid back.

A friend of mine said LA is a bad place to visit and great place to live and I think that's totally accurate. You really have to be here for a while to learn how to see all it has to offer. But then again, giant cities are not for everyone, so it's understood if it's not your thing.

Maybe that's true, but it really seems like a boring place where people go to spend money.

It's probably cool to see the white sands in New Mexico and the Moab park in Utah but that's gotta be it. Deserts are the worst places I swear

You haven't been around enough desert, or maybe you just can't appreciate their rugged mystique. Now, that's talking about the actual rugged variety, not miles of flatness/sandy flatness. There are deserts/parts of deserts like that, and they suck, and California has a lot of it.

Got promoted to the photo department head the other day, and currently am working out a tentative 'day by day' weekly schedule of what needs to be done and who I want to be in charge of certain tasks

The person who was head photo before me did a good job running the department, but he was promoted to management so he didn't really get much of a chance to make a mark, and the one before him ran the department into the ground essentially so I want to build it up so that it functions smoothly and everyone knows what needs to be done, and where things will be done without people needing to be told on a daily basis

I am, unfortunately, significantly understaffed in the photo department with me being the only full time photo staff member, but there are some good part timers who work generally set days...

Should be interesting!

Northern Cali isn't southern so that's a silly point, and it seems nice up there and I got an army buddy who stays in Lake Tahoe and i'll visit him someday probably. Well if the .000001% is that terrible, I would have no reason to head back that way. But you obviously can't see everything in a week trip.

He said that LA is close to forests. Sequioa is a Nation Forest that is a few hour drive from the LA area, and if I remember correctly, it extends down into Southern California.

Fuck what are we going to do? the world is going to be so shitty when we're old farts. Women are evil. urghhh

That's my point, there's nothing there. You have to drive to see anything natural in that place.

Not true. Runyon Canyon, Bronson Canyon and Grifith Park are all within Hollywood. Those are nice regional parks. Obviously if you want something as majestic as Sequoia or Joshua Tree you're gonna need to drive a bit, but that's true for most major US cities.

And for the record Yosemite is more or less equidistant from SF and LA, so it's no more Nor Cal than it is So Cal.

Nursing a hangover. I didn't even drink that much last night and still feel like total garbage. A true sign of old age. :(

I told my friends to stand by me in my alcohol quit and one of them was like "oh fuck off, I can't make you do something you don't truly want to do".

HAH! Do you drink a lot? I really don't anymore, which is probably why my tolerance sucks. I even stuck with a trusted brand of beer to make sure this DIDN'T happen and then...wham-o.

HAH! Do you drink a lot? I really don't anymore, which is probably why my tolerance sucks. I even stuck with a trusted brand of beer to make sure this DIDN'T happen and then...wham-o.

I don't drink often, officially I've quite now. I haven't had anything since I decided that, but I'm not sure I see it sticking for longer than a couple of months.

I tend to go for say, a month without drinking, then get totally drunk a few weeks in a row and then go back to "never drinking again". It's pretty bad, but easier on my wallet than actual alcoholism.

It only takes a couple beers over a couple hours for me to be thoroughly tipsy, yet somehow I don't get hangovers. Even the one time I blacked out drinking I woke up feeling great (until I made the mistake of having a tall glass of milk with breakfast).

51dpxc.jpg

Following Carcass on facebook is some serious business:lol::lol: