The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

As long as its not some crazy ass Jeff Loomis shit or crazy ass sweeps I can manage, but fuck all that. Its the riff that matters. I've never heard leads made through midi that I know of. That sounds bad ass though tbh

Here's one of mine with some leads that imo sound decent. Nothing you're hearing is a real instrument.

So this being the main 'social' thread, I need more comedians in my library. What would you recommend for a fan of Jim Breuer, Steven Wright, Mitch Hedberg, Eddie Murphy, Jim Galifininikakkikis, Richard Pryor, Ron White, Louis C.K., and George Carlin?

I like Hedberg, Carlin, and Louis C.K. too. Here's some other stand-ups I like:

Patton Oswalt
Dave Chappelle
Chris Rock
Bill Hicks
Jim Gaffigan
Doug Benson

Spent 4 days in Vegas. Now I'm feeling dazed and broke. Worth every penny though.

I want to read more hilarious shit like that please.

I second this wholeheartedly

I didn't realize it was all that funny. The ironic part is that I always thought my friend was quite clever. He plays cello and he's not the macho dumb guy I think. But he always used to say how his woman needs to be representative so he's not ashamed of her when they go out and other fucking shit like that. Well the love of his life really isn't. One of her front teeth has turned black and there's a small piercing in the mouth right above of it - probably to bring it to attention. She keeps her mouth open, (JAGE hates that), and smiles like a retard. She has at least two speech impediments. All she says is really simple.

I really don't know how to escape his questions about whether I liked her or not.

So this being the main 'social' thread, I need more comedians in my library. What would you recommend for a fan of Jim Breuer, Steven Wright, Mitch Hedberg, Eddie Murphy, Jim Galifininikakkikis, Richard Pryor, Ron White, Louis C.K., and George Carlin?

Stewart Lee
Jim Jefferies
Frankie Boyle
Sean Lock
Kevin Bridges
Henning Wehn

Although Americans often seem to have this weird problem with comedy from other countries.

Guitar Pro is my friend:

Here's one of mine with some leads that imo sound decent. Nothing you're hearing is a real instrument.

I dunno how you guys have the patience for this shit. Programming drums is bad enough but fuck programming the guitars too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guitar Pro is my friend:

Mathiäs;10946145 said:
I can make amazing leads using midi technology. Don't play guitar at all, unfortunately. I'm more of a hiphop/r@b guy myself. Always wanted to play keys in a metal band though.

As long as its not some crazy ass Jeff Loomis shit or crazy ass sweeps I can manage, but fuck all that. Its the riff that matters. I've never heard leads made through midi that I know of. That sounds bad ass though tbh

Not sure if I've ever shown anyone here my shit before, but:

www.soundcloud.com/dr-broctopus-official << Dubstep
www.soundcloud.com/despondent-visions << Ambient

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't know how to escape his questions about whether I liked her or not.

I'm almost always honest with my friends about these kinds of things. Not doing so isn't being a real friend (as long as you have legitimate reasons).

Mathiäs;10946477 said:
I'm almost always honest with my friends about these kinds of things. Not doing so isn't being a real friend (as long as you have legitimate reasons).

I told him that I don't give a shit about what his woman looks like and that I think they would be together already if s it was real and they at it. They've known each other for like 15 years and now she'saying they need to build the relationship. Nigga playin' him.

Bill Burr, Daniel Tosh, Dave Atell, and Jim Jeffries. Those and what you listed are about all I enjoy anymore.

I like Hedberg, Carlin, and Louis C.K. too. Here's some other stand-ups I like:

Patton Oswalt
Dave Chappelle
Chris Rock
Bill Hicks
Jim Gaffigan
Doug Benson

Bill Burr and Joe Rogan have fantastic specials. Most good comics dont have specials out though, support your local comedy clubs!

Stewart Lee
Jim Jefferies
Frankie Boyle
Sean Lock
Kevin Bridges
Henning Wehn

Although Americans often seem to have this weird problem with comedy from other countries.

Bill Burr I just can't get into. Objectively, I should be able to... Good jokes, delivery I appreciate in other comics, etc. But he just doesn't do it for me. And Chris Rock is just dumb, obnoxious black trash, he is easily among my least favorite comedians.

Good reminders and recommendations on some of these others, and I have no problem with non-American comics. I just exclusively have a problem with British and Australian comics, their accents hurt my ears and they're usually following a very loud, excitable delivery style I can't even deal with.

I know a lot of great comedians, its kind of the number one performance thing to do amongst my friends. Right after playing music, right before circus freak shit. But they aren't on Rhapsody and I need stuff to listen to at work.

I dunno how you guys have the patience for this shit. Programming drums is bad enough but fuck programming the guitars too.

Everything there is guitar pro. It's pretty straightforward to put these things in once you get comfortable with it. My writing process typically involves getting stoned, jamming till I find a riff I like, tabbing it out, adding in drums, then jamming to the drumbeat until I find a good riff to go next. I don't have the patience to adjust the velocity of every drum hit or anything, which I could do in Reaper but don't because fuck that.

So no to Eddie Izzard?

Jesus fuck I'd rather tar and feather myself for a laugh, if he's the dude I'm thinking he is. Good comedy, to me, is primarily laid back story telling, usually of a dark/disturbing/inappropriate nature, with the occasional obnoxious crescendos. Or just straight up cleverness, always good for a pleasant little titter.

Louis CK and Jim Jefferies are my favorite current comedians. Also a David Cross fan, but I don't know if he's even doing stand up anymore. Donald Glover is also pretty fucking good.

Good reminders and recommendations on some of these others, and I have no problem with non-American comics. I just exclusively have a problem with British and Australian comics, their accents hurt my ears and they're usually following a very loud, excitable delivery style I can't even deal with.

lulwut

I can think of more American comedians that are awful in this way, it doesn't really seem country specific at all. If anything the stereotype is surely that people from places like England (or Germany in the case of Henning Wehn) are less excitable.

Louis CK and Jim Jefferies are my favorite current comedians. Also a David Cross fan, but I don't know if he's even doing stand up anymore. Donald Glover is also pretty fucking good.

I love Tobias Funke, yet I haven't checked out Cross's stand-up yet. I should change that.