The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Finally done with the semester. Seminar papers are in and grades are submitted. Now I can only pray that anxious little freshmen don't come crawling to me asking for a better grade.

On a more mysterious note, my profile for Xbox 360 has vanished, which means I can't access my data on Skyrim. Somewhat frustrating.

Louis CK and Jim Jefferies are my favorite current comedians. Also a David Cross fan, but I don't know if he's even doing stand up anymore. Donald Glover is also pretty fucking good.

I forgot about Donald Glover. He's really good. Jim Jeffries, imo, is the best comic out there currently. Between him, Louis C.K., and Daniel Tosh, I'm pleased as fuck.

Carpe, have you given Jeffries a chance? I know his accent bugs you and others and it did me as well at first. But the quality of his sets are beyond worth looking past it.

EDIT: Fuck Kat Williams' little aids infested rug face. And Chris Rock early on was fairly amusing, but he became a regular racist piece of shit negro comedian. He can suck my shit hole. I'll take Donald Glover over both. AND he's my age.

EDIT2: That last edit was funny cuz I've been known to be racist myself. Fuck the Portuguese, for real.

I'm not a Donald Glover fan (I really haven't given him a chance yet), but damn, he has got to be one of the more versatile entertainers today.

And yeah, Kat Williams is fucking horrible

Kat Williams actually has great timing and personality/stage presence. The problem is his content and that, like most black comedians, he limits himself to a black audience and doesnt give himself a chance to learn and do anything outside his bubble, but then there's Kevin Hart who would slap me in the face with his big black dick. Although Hart did roll with a lot of white comedians back in the day in Boston and New York.

Louis and Burr are on another level today. Attel is a road warrior legend. Jeffries much like Bruer are great story tellers but the jokes are limited. Tosh is like the shock jock comedian, funny dude but he doesn't seem to evolve.

Brian Regan is probably the funniest fuck of all time. Every and any comedian loves the guy.

Right on with these recs, mangs. I will give Jeffries' a chance, and maybe try some of Rock's older stuff. Some comics turn it more into a soapbox than comedy as they get older. Same thing with Carlin IMO, he had some knowledge on some shit for sure but his earlier stuff is just so much more playful.

Also gonna say Glover's a pretty funny dude, I watched his Netflix stand up and it was pretty good but his internet shit is fantastic.

The soapbox comment is right on the money. That's exactly how I feel about a lot of comedians. Even Louis CK and Jeffries recent stuff has that soapboxy feel to them. Legitimate complaint.

This thread needs some love for Anthony Jeselnik. His stand-up is pretty good, and his roast of Donald Trump was probably the best roast I've ever seen.

Good comedy is usually grim and frostbitten. and I think Louis nailed it, just like Carlin and Lenny Bruce

He's just like Tosh. That form of comedy is so lame, you can predict half of their material. Same with Amy Schumer

Yeah I mean Shumer is just playing on the shocking girl thing and Jesenick does it too (although he's a bit more harsh). Tosh is just brutal though, his tv stuff is nothing. Go see him live, the fucking guy kills and destroys the crowd, it's quite a treat.

My favorite Jim Breuer skit, about him on mescaline. Just audio with visuals unfortunately.. I have never seen a live clip. But I wish more comics would utilize music in their work like this, that's something I haven't seen once in more modern acts and its fuckin tight.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K3JiE-yimpo[/ame]