The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I woke up at 4:00AM and now it's stupid fucking 7:00AM and I have to decide whether to go to school or not. I'd really like to get some sleep though, and I think I should just stay at home and rest.

Seinfeld really is a douche though. His TV-show was great, no doubt, but that Talking Funny special really displays the levels of douche that he possesses. That, and his goddamn coffee runs.

Seinfeld really is a douche though. His TV-show was great, no doubt, but that Talking Funny special really displays the levels of douche that he possesses. That, and his goddamn coffee runs.

I really don't see the 'doucheness' in the HBO special unless he's talking to Gervais, which is totally warranted because Ricky is not a stand up comic

I really don't see the 'doucheness' in the HBO special unless he's talking to Gervais, which is totally warranted because Ricky is not a stand up comic

Ricky's stand-up is great. His bit on the Noah's Ark children book is hilarious! And come on, Seinfeld's whole "I'm above them" referring to the audience is A-grade douche.

I did get a chance to check out Jim Jefferies, not bad. New comedy playlist queued for work in half an hour with some other new stuff.

Re: comedians viewing music as a dumb schtick, I'd understand and agree with sound effects. Unless you're that one awesome black guy whose name escapes me and does sound effects with your own body, its a little radio-entertainment cheesy. But having a band for ambient music or as a background to a story is a well appreciated extra effort.

The thing with Seinfeld is he is a terrible person, and he knows this. In fact, he makes no bones about it. That's the point of the show Seinfeld. That was the point of the finale. All of the people whom they had transgressed over 9 years come forth and say how very, very bad Jerry and his friends are. In the end, Jerry and George have the same conversation as the first episode. It all comes full circle. There is no character arc or development. They stay horrible.

What's great about Comedians in Cars is he talks with other comedians and writers about the craft of comedy. You can tell it's something he's deeply interested in. It's like he's interested in the theory and execution of comedy. I think he also gave standup a bit more credibility than it may have had previously. He intentionally refrained from using a lot of bad language and crude jokes (as noted in the HBO special) because he wanted the jokes and humor to stand on its own. It's like a good steak. A good steak shouldn't require a bunch of bullshit. If you need A1, then it's not a good steak.

Looking at this map thinking about how I want to visit blue.

tumblr_ng9ytd3Hrt1s6c1p2o1_1280.jpg