The Whining and Bitching Thread

filed a complaint? :lol:

Yes.

You don't own a cell phone?

Nope. my wife got one a few years ago to be able to be available at all times for the kid. It was just a local pay up front type plan. When he went traveling to VA last summer we got a national plan which he took. Then when he got back my wife took that phone and gave the local one to the kid. Actually it was for whoever, but it evolved into his phone. I don't need one.

Nope. my wife got one a few years ago to be able to be available at all times for the kid. It was just a local pay up front type plan. When he went traveling to VA last summer we got a national plan which he took. Then when he got back my wife took that phone and gave the local one to the kid. Actually it was for whoever, but it evolved into his phone. I don't need one.

So you don't possess any special skills, either now or in the future, beyond what your wife is able to provide that might be to your child's benefit (or even necessary to his/her well-being) at spontaneous times? I don't mean to be an ass, just to get you thinking.

So you don't possess any special skills, either now or in the future, beyond what your wife is able to provide that might be to your child's benefit (or even necessary to his/her well-being) at spontaneous times? I don't mean to be an ass, just to get you thinking.

There was a time when nobody had cell phones. Remember that? I do. We survived. This is the reality that this society fails to recognize or believe. Frankly I think it's pathetic how many people think they need cell phones.

We do trade the phones around when circumstances dictate. But for the most part, I go to work and my wife is home and available.

There was a time when nobody had cell phones. Remember that? I do. We survived.

I feel like you were shaking a cane in the air while you were typing this. :lol:
People also survived without [insert any modern convenience here]. The idea is that [insert any modern convenience here] will provide you with additional benefits and opportunity for advancement that you wouldn't otherwise have.

This is the reality that this society fails to recognize or believe. Frankly I think it's pathetic how many people think they need cell phones.

To me it seems the "I'm going to die without it" mentality regarding cell phones only holds any ground with teenagers. Rational people realize at some point that it's just a luxury.

I feel like you were shaking a cane in the air while you were typing this. :lol:

:lol:

People also survived without [insert any modern convenience here]. The idea is that [insert any modern convenience here] will provide you with additional benefits and opportunity for advancement that you wouldn't otherwise have.

Understood, but the reality is also that all of this stuff costs money. We have to evaluate how important each item or service is to us, and if it fits in within our financial budget. This is why we do have 2 cell phones now.

We have survived on my income for my son's entire 15 years of life, providing him with parenting by his own parents his whole life. I (we) feel that is a priority.

To me it seems the "I'm going to die without it" mentality regarding cell phones only holds any ground with teenagers. Rational people realize at some point that it's just a luxury.

I think it's more pervasive than that. I think our society is indoctrinating us to believe that we all need cell phones, high speed internet, cable TV, new cars, nice houses, and the list goes on.

I reject it!

There was a time when nobody had cell phones. Remember that? I do. We survived. This is the reality that this society fails to recognize or believe. Frankly I think it's pathetic how many people think they need cell phones.
This is pretty true. 90% of the time I use my phone is inside my house, because it stores numbers that I'm too lazy to remember. It's a really nice thing to have but not necessary, and tbh quite expensive, so if you can get away with not having one more power to you. Thing is, it's becoming a necessity simply because everyone has one and if you're the one guy who doesn't have one no one can contact you and they'll freak out and shit.

1928_middle_finger.gif

I have two mobile phones. I use them about once every two months.

So yeah, I barely even need one.

You don't have any friends or anyone to keep up with when you're not hanging out? No need to text people from work to see if they can cover you? No need for it when in a mall and can't find who you went with, etc?

Oh right you live in Maine.

You don't have any friends or anyone to keep up with when you're not hanging out? No need to text people from work to see if they can cover you? No need for it when in a mall and can't find who you went with, etc?

Oh right you live in Maine.
I'll just use a fucking normal phone.