The Whining and Bitching Thread

Not all choices have the same weight for different people, either in temptation/salience and/or in consequences. I'm not sure disease is the most accurate terminology, but I wouldn't paint it in terms of pure self-control either. For something like heroin/opioids, the most self-control one probably has is in not taking them the first time*.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carpe Mortem
@Krow

Ozz is probably the worst poster on this site in my opinion but you're trying pretty hard to eclipse him. You should consider shutting the fuck up, Krow. You're really being stupidly hostile here.

Reactions: Doomguy
@Krow

Ozz is probably the worst poster on this site in my opinion but you're trying pretty hard to eclipse him. You should consider shutting the fuck up, Krow. You're really being stupidly hostile here.

It’s kinda early into all this to say I’m just having a bit of fun with Ozz because he seems to have found his angry again, but if I must.

Detoxing fucking hard (creeping sensations, puking, anxiety). Currently listening to Nocturnus and flicking through a mediocre Terrorizer mag. Bleh.

This disease fucking sucks. I'm in AA myself and hopefully I never drink again but who knows..

Stick with it man. At least you understand your problem and are seeking help. I used to have some substance abuse problems myself and it constantly lurks in the recesses of mind. At least I was able to delete all my plugs and have since moved from the area where I had the biggest temptations. Alcohol is an inescapable temptress so I commend your effort!

This disease fucking sucks. I'm in AA myself and hopefully I never drink again but who knows..

Some people in AA want to stop drinking, but unless you're tight with someone in a meeting there's no way to know what people are doing after and inbetween meetings, someone might be in AA for 3 weeks and then they're hitting on some beers and bongs or whatever. I don't go to Rehab now but have been to rehab before and after groups I drink a few or after seeing's a counciler or getting a piss test and stuff, I went to rehab around 18 years old up until my late 20's and drank beer, not everyday, but they never new. Those dudes that are older and were married and had a house,vehicles,boats,etc.. and lose there shit stop drinking, but younger adults usually just go so they can make drug connections and what not. If someone likes drugs what a perfect place to hang out, someone does not have to hang out with people and get tight to figure what what people do or don't do in a social setting and what not, plus people get paronoid about that shit sometimes you know. Not that I do drugs, sometimes I might smoke, that's it.

Some people in AA want to stop drinking, but unless you're tight with someone in a meeting there's no way to know what people are doing after and inbetween meetings, someone might be in AA for 3 weeks and then they're hitting on some beers and bongs or whatever. I don't go to Rehab now but have been to rehab before and after groups I drink a few or after seeing's a counciler or getting a piss test and stuff, I went to rehab around 18 years old up until my late 20's and drank beer, not everyday, but they never new. Those dudes that are older and were married and had a house,vehicles,boats,etc.. and lose there shit stop drinking, but younger adults usually just go so they can make drug connections and what not. If someone likes drugs what a perfect place to hang out, someone does not have to hang out with people and get tight to figure what what people do or don't do in a social setting and what not, plus people get paronoid about that shit sometimes you know. Not that I do drugs, sometimes I might smoke, that's it.

This is exactly why you need to shop around a little before settling into a support group. Also, it's pretty much a cardinal sin to start hanging out with anyone other than your sponsor (and that should be for like a coffee or brunch) outside of rehab/meetings. If you follow these rules then the people fucking around outside of those contexts can't enable you to relapse.

For something like heroin/opioids, the most self-control one probably has is in not taking them the first time*.

This. Sorry but you're a reckless mess if you decided hmm heroin sounds good. I can't even comprehend how people get started with some of that shit, I had friends that did it and had no problem saying lol no thanks if they offered. Considering that you do lose control after that moment.

This. Sorry but you're a reckless mess if you decided hmm heroin sounds good. I can't even comprehend how people get started with some of that shit, I had friends that did it and had no problem saying lol no thanks if they offered. Considering that you do lose control after that moment.

They start with prescription opiates and see it as a cheaper/potent alternative after long enough. There's hardly any meaningful difference between an oxycontin and heroin addiction aside from the risk of adulterants like (fentanyl - which is pharmaceutical).

They start with prescription opiates and see it as a cheaper/potent alternative after long enough. There's hardly any meaningful difference between an oxycontin and heroin addiction aside from the risk of adulterants like (fentanyl - which is pharmaceutical).

I agree, I guess heroin just has a better ring to it than saying hmmm oxycontin sounds good. How does anything you've seen people die from or ruin their lives over sound good?

Makes you wonder how many addicts had addicts in their families before them. I did, and I think it helped steer me away from ever experimenting.

Seen something where a po po was searching someone and the person had fentanyl in their pockets and it absorbed into the dudes skin and the guy died, I guess it gets mixed in with bags of dope either pure or with herion and a lot of people don't know and shoot some bags of it and with that shit you're not suppose to do more than a tad bit of it. It's kind of like people can just smoke some normal weed they have do that spice shit.

Also, it's pretty much a cardinal sin to start hanging out with anyone other than your sponsor (and that should be for like a coffee or brunch) outside of rehab/meetings.

Wrong. I barely call my sponsor and only see him at meetings or to do step work. I don't talk to him other than that. You need a support system outside of the program to get through it imo.

Reactions: Dazed and Brutal
People that make out they can play better than they can.

As if you can hide that when you're playing.

8 (((((

Are you saying you should ditch friends you made before recovery even if they would help support you? I'm not sure I understand.

Of course not. I'm trying to say that you shouldn't strike up friendships with people you meet at rehab/support groups that extend outside of those contexts. It often leads to enabling. It's up to you to decide whether or not the people you knew prior are supportive of your recovery or not. Obviously, the best kind of support you can get is from the people who've known you the longest.

Reactions: The Ozzman
Of course not. I'm trying to say that you shouldn't strike up friendships with people you meet at rehab/support groups that extend outside of those contexts. It often leads to enabling. It's up to you to decide whether or not the people you knew prior are supportive of your recovery or not. Obviously, the best kind of support you can get is from the people who've known you the longest.

Okay, I agree with this 100%. I know people who do this and it seems weird to me that you would want to hang out with those people outside of the small realm of recovery but if you've known them for a while then maybe it works.

Reactions: Dazed and Brutal