The "Who Am I" thread...

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
Nope, not a DRI thread !!!

I was thinking about this thread a while now.
As the regulars and newbees often seem to know
each other well,but mostly even the real names behind
the nickname are a mistery. It took me 2 years to
actually remember our beloved moderator was called
Rolando iso Ronaldo :p

So I think it would be nice if we got to know each
other a little bit better by giving some info about
our live, work ,family etc... Just put all the info
you want here. If you rather stay a bit incognito, that's
okay, we understand !!

So I guess I come first;

Real name; Gert Ouderits (just say Gert, the last name is impossible to pronounce in English)
Born ; november 24th 1967

Married to Patricia and have 2 daughters; Natacha & Nathalie (pics see below)

I live in a small city called Balen in Belgium, close to the Dutch border. (I'll add some pics later, it's such a little town there even aren't pics on the net :) )
edit; found this postcard:
balen2.jpg

I work as a production operator for a Japanese company called Kaneka, well, I try to be there anyway. It's shiftwork, that's hard enough withouth working your ass off. I'm mostly behind the control computers there.. Company also has a factories in Japan, Germany and USA.

Hobbies; Music, genealogy and oldtimer cars.
I am very interested in my family history and made a website of that www.famouderits.be If you search well you find a bunch of funny pics of me there... As for oldtimer cars I prefer classic American cars, I have a 67 Mustang at the moment.

You can find me at www.myspace.com/metalmopar
and http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1208269019&ref=profile

That's all for now; will see if I can add some more pics of my home and stuff later on .

the lady;
l_4d33665a13240f30e771efb358ea4fc7.jpg

the evil daughters;
kids.jpg

me ...
dad.jpg

Cool thread!!
Guess I'll go next

Hi all!!!
I live in suburb just outside Chicago, U.S.A. called Evergreen Park
37 years old, not married, no kids, 1 cat(Wolfgang)
I work at a Lexus dealer in the parts dept.
My hobbies include music, reading(big history buff)and watching movies. I also enjoy going to the gym and for the past year I've been hooked on playing with the Xbox 360. My gamer tag is Metal DArtagnan if there are any other people out there who enjoy first person shooter games.

I don't have any recent photos of me but my mug has been posted here a few times with other Old School members from the Progpower USA shows.

Real name; Darko Grubisic
Born ; June 2nd 1978

I live in a coastal city called Split in Croatia, here's some pics...

- a view at our central cathedral, one of the oldest in the world apparently, shot from an ancient Roman square called Peristil:
split2os8.jpg

- an aerial shot at the city's core, a 1700 years old Diocletian's palace
jpeg%20velika%20(750,550).jpg

- city's panorama
split1.jpg

I earn my salary as a computer repair technician. The thing I like the most is working steady morning shifts and free weekends - to me as a musician, it's heaven sent for afternoon rehearsals and weekend gigs. But it's not a problem to get a free day if I need it anytime...

I play in two bands.
Djubrivo (eng: fertilizer) is my first band I've been playing in for 12 years, it's some kind of punk/metal/grindcore/whatever musically with sarcastic humorous lyrics, but in Croatian and really hard to translate... :) If you want to check it out go to www.myspace.com/djubrivo

StimulanS plays trad heavy metal with some hard rock influences for good measure. Some of the regulars here may be familiar with us, those interested in listening to us go to www.myspace.com/stimulans

Music (apart from my day job) takes a good deal of my free time in any aspect. Most of my incomes get invested in some kind of guitar or recording gear, most recently I've bought a brand new Engl amp... :D

Cheers!

Well, I'm next. Haven't been on the forum for very long, so it'll be good getting to know some people.

Born: May 16th, 1988 (that makes me 19, almost 20)

I live in Quispamsis, New Brunswick, Canada. Its a smallish town, getting bigger every year.
I play hockey, listen to music 24/7, and go to university. Living at home with the parents while I'm still going to school here, but I'm thinking about transferring to another school for next year.
My musical tastes range from pretty much every metal genre. Some favourite bands are Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, Finntroll, Megadeth, In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, and way too many others to list.
Living in the maritimes sucks in terms of getting to see live shows. We get the odd ontario band who comes down, but thats about it other than local bands. Montreal is probably the closest place that regularly gets big name concerts, which is a plane ride away for me. And being a student, its pretty tough to come up for the cash for that whenever I see a good band is playing.
me3-1.jpg

Well most of you know me well, I'm the official postwhore of the forum :p and recently appointed moderator.

Name: Rolando Procupez Schtirbu (we use both surnames in here paternal and maternal)

Born: Buenos Aires, Argentina Dec 13, 1966

Live: San José, Costa Rica. A nice hellhole in the middle of the continent. I don't have pics of the city cause it sucks, but I'm sure a Google search will let you find nice pics of volcanoes, jungles, beaches and other exotic places we offer to the tourists.

Work: I'm a chemist teaching at the University of Costa Rica (biggest in the country).

Marital status: single, no girlfriend, free and with no intention of changing in the foreseeable future.

Hobbies: collecting CDs, scuba diving (which I hadn't practice in years :cry:), amateur photography, read sci-fi, collect books about art, cinema, war, pop culture, occultism, archeology, mythology.

Here we Go:

It stands for Abraham Cristoffel, it’s sort of been passed on from one generation to the next, not everyone around here does that though. People has normal names like Jack and Taylor, I’m just cursed.
Born 15 March 1977
Not married and no children

I live in Johannesburg South Africa (This is the best pic I can find for now)
UMOS3.jpg

I own my own business called Electric Eye (http://www.eleceye.co.za/)
Three guesses where I got the name:)
We specialize in Access Control, Fire Detection, CCTV Electric Fences etc.

Hobbies include CD and vinyl collecting, playing guitar, paintball, golf, fishing, sailing and pool.

You can find me at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=648426947

This is where I post all my evil UMOS posts from when I’m at home.
And that’s my Paintball Gun and Cd's
UMOS11.jpg
UMOS21.jpg

Some more pics...
Sailin.jpg
Cub.jpg

I just had to put these ones back on.:cool:
UMOS41.jpg
Maiden.jpg

Hello my fellow metal brothers and sisters! My real name is Kristy Katz, I'm 43, a Scorpio, married 13 wonderful years to David (Libra, 39, starwars geek)we have a cat who's 14 his name is Aleister we call him Alley for short.

We live in the northern part of Los Angeles County in Stevenson Ranch. I work at http://www.cfgs.comand am the Sales Manager of the showroom. David is a counselor for teens who are dual diagnosed who also have addiction problems.

My fave bands are Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith and so many many more. I'd classify myself as an Old School Thrasher but love lots of music styles and genres. I love to go to concerts and shows and other hobbies are collecting rock merch and all things Scorpion (the band and the arachnid) I love to take pictures wherever I go. I love to drive and take daytrips, hike, see old arhcitecture and see any place I've never seen before.

I love finding new music, helping spread the word of new bands, turning people onto new music and trading stuff with friends.

Here are some pictures:
The Pacific Ocean
100_0805.jpg

Me in 85 I think 21yrs old
kristy.jpg

My old closet- now a full room!:headbang:
closet.jpg

David's Hobbies:

toyroom013.jpg

toyroom014.jpg

My Husband
100_2957.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol: no here he is...Oct 2007 my 43rd bday party
100_3612.jpg

and here are my UM and PP friends
UMOS2.jpg

PPSIX.jpg

Any thing else you want to know...just ask...I'm not shy!:Smokin:

Reactions: vikingking
I'm a newbeeeee all over again because it's been so long since I've been regular. I'm pretty sad that I missed the last Soul Seek weekend. :cry:

I'm an old fart that was born on November 4, 1965. Funny how when I get in a crowd at a good show I feel young again. Not childish but young.

I live in Loveland, a fairly small town in Colorado. I'm about an hour North of Denver. A picture taken from the East:

vfiles14542.jpg

The big peak on the right is Long's peak and is over 14,000 feet (4,346 meters) above sea level. The town I work in, Longmont, is also named for Major Stephen Long who explored the area in the 1820s. The big white towers are what's left of the old sugar factory. That's what built this area -- sugar beets.

I work as an Embedded Software Engineer. It might sound better than it is. It pays the bills.

Hobbies are airplanes in all shapes and sizes but WWII era especially. A pic of me and my Dad after we had just gotten off the B-24 in the background:
B-24Flight054.jpg

And a short video of a portion of that ride:
brent_wiescamp

Music is another hobby or I prolly wouldn't be here, right? Favorite bands are Queensryche (even though they haven't done squat in years), Dio era Sabbath, Led Zep, KISS, Rush, Vanden Plas, Symphony X, etc.

Guess that's about it. A final pic with some of the UMOS crew at Prog Power:

Old_School.jpg

I'm a newbeeeee all over again because it's been so long since I've been regular.

Over my dead body, you're regular for life :kickass:

Hobbies are airplanes in all shapes and sizes but WWII era especially. A pic of me and my Dad after we had just gotten off the B-24 in the background:
B-24Flight054.jpg

AWSOME! I love airplanes for WWII too, why we didn't chat over it at PPVII, damn our luck. You know that Wyvern is also a model of a post-WWII fighter?

Michael from Munich area, Germany
Born 1972 in Taiwan, lived in Aalen, Rockville/Maryland USA, Heidenheim, Nattheim, Nürtingen, Bremen, Munich, Karlsfeld
I studied International Business and now work for Japanese Company as a sales manager for Central Europe in the semiconductor industry.
Married, 2 daughters of 2 and 5 years.

My fav bands are (just to name a few): Kiss, AC/DC, Scorpions, Stormwitch, Accept, Hanoi Rocks, Peter Maffay, BAP

Used to play the piano, but forgot most of it. I am the worst singer in the world, so I stay with listening to music.

I spend most of my free time when I am not working with my kids (teaching them headbanging and stage diving from the sofa, very funny !), so there is not a lot of time for other things. But if I have some time for my self I love soccer/ football (Werder Bremen) and I play Beach Volleyball.

Drinks:Talisker, Beck´s, Diet Coke (with Lemon!)
Food: Schnitzel, Spätzle, Sushi

Cheerz

Michael from Munich area, Germany
Born 1972 in Taiwan, lived in Aalen, Rockville/Maryland USA, Heidenheim, Nattheim, Nürtingen, Bremen, Munich, Karlsfeld
I studied International Business and now work for Japanese Company

You are globalized! :kickass:

Hi guys! Who am I? I'm not sure I can recall. Let me think . . .

I remember now. I don't remember yesterday. I just remember doing what they . . .

Opps. Wrong track.

I'm Steve in Philly.

Born in Nov 1970, which makes me older than some, but younger than Wheezer! :)

I'm a supervisor in an Gov't IT shop. I like to say that I break things on a large scale. A year ago I was an admin, and I'm still working on the 'being in charge' situation. The less said about work the better.

I live in Philadelphia, which is a major city with a major inferiority complex. It is two hours north of the political capital of the US (Washington, DC) and two hours south of the cultural capital of the US (New York City). Still, I like it. No earthquakes, hurricanes, or major snowstorms. A franchise in all four major sports, and all play within the city. Great restaurants in the city, but parks and such in the suburbs. GREAT pizza everywhere (cheesesteaks are good, but I eat them maybe twice a year. They'll kill you). Not as many people as New York, but still a big city. We used to get all the concerts on tour, but now the smaller onces all seem to go to NY and then Virginia.

Married for 13 years, together with the woman since 1988. We met in high school, starting dating right after that, and I'm still happy. For fun we travel. In the last 3 years, we've been to Alaska, Japan, Vegas, Ohio, New Orleans, Florida, Jamacia a few times, Mexico twice, a few cruises, etc. We're going to Italy for 3 weeks in May.

We have no kids and no pets, which lets us travel. I have a few houseplants. If they die, I'll buy new ones. :heh:

I'm a big sports fans (Eagles keep disappointing me). The wife and I are also Halloween fanatics and roller coaster junkies, and always look for new theme parks to add to the list. Oh, I'm a scuba diver and a lousy but persistent basketball player as well.

I got into metal in the early 80's. First heard Black Sabbath's song Black Sabbath off the album Black Sabbath in the late 70's (don't you love it when artists do that). Twisted Sister was my early favorite band. That's since changed, and I've since branched into a bunch of genres, but I still have soft spots for that time back in the 80's when metal ruled the world.

Savatage has been my favorite band since 'Streets', and my top 5 usually include Iron Maiden, Symphony X, Iced Earth and Virgin Steele. It used to include Queensryche and Metallica, but I've learned to let go the bands that fade away but don't know it yet. In 2002 I stumbled across Progpower III. My wife sent me for my birthday, and I haven't missed one since. That has hugely broadened my music world, and brought me to the forum (and eventually to this one). I told my wife it would be a one time concert. Now it's a yearly Wed-Sun blast.

If you want to see pics of me, vacations, or other relatively boring things, go here:

http://community.webshots.com/user/steve_herman

There is a short video of Disney's Splash Mountain, Japanese version somewhere in there, so it isn't all bad. Two years ago Wyvern and I got to see Wheezer roust a shrimp at the Georgia Aquarium, but sadly I didn't get pictures of that.

I don't get to post as often as I'd like, but I'm usually hanging around.

Here's a few travel pics of us.

At Universal Studios - combining roller coasters and Halloween

20061026_2006Oct25-28Florida_1699Sm.jpg

Sharing a "Warp Core Breach" in Las Vegas.
WarpCoreBreachSmall.jpg

In Dallas for an Eagles game
SteveandRuthcelebratingSmall.jpg

Halloween theme - Fairy Tales
2003_Fairy_Tales.jpg

Steve in Philly

yeah, cool pics Steve, and another face revealed I hadn't seen yet. Now I know who to look for when I visit Philly !! :)

This is such a cool thread! I must say that you are all beautiful people! :) I loved reading about the little details and seeing all the cool photos!

Wyvi, you look so damned sexy shooting pool my friend ;)

Zepp... I gotta say, you remind me of Kip Winger with that long hair :lol:, not a bad thing by all means!

Well, I will make some time hopefully tomorrow to write my "story" and post a few pics. KITTY! Since I lost most of my pics :cry: do you have a scanned copy of the picture of me and my Steve at the DOD tour? CAN YOU EMAIL PLEASEEEEEEEEE

Nice to see everyone here :D

About me..

Born: in Mexico Ciy. September 30th, 1976

Live: Just moved back to Guadalajara, Mexico last November after getting divorced. I was in Northwest Indiana for 3 and a half years.

Work: I have a degree in Accounting, and just started working for Hewlett Packard last month.

Hobbies: Reading, writing, horror movies, American Football, Soccer, going to concerts, playing Final Fantasy XI.

Here's a pic of me and my buddies from the Mexican Iron Maiden Forum, few hours before the show in Guadalajara last February. I'm the fourth one from the left - or the right too :p -

CasadeAbryl.jpg

my name is mike genova
i was born in new jersey and i still live here
im also still in high school