Themed Mixtape Game

But it even states that the soldier in question volunteered; it's more of a "You're stupid if you glorify war" kind of song, Disposable Heroes minus the empathy kinda. Soldiers die all the time and it doesn't mean things are any closer to total annihilation.

EDIT: I think the war/bombs stuff is only there to say as opposed to magical or divine destruction of humanity, e.g. no Sodom & Gomorrah (yes I realize that's only two cities) or anything like that. That's also why I don't think the Destroyer 666 song qualifies; if the song is about non-humans, then I'd have to surmise demons or similar which means it doesn't count. If it is about humans on humans, then it's like an anti-Bombfood, glorifying killing and death but never going as far as to say the entire world dies.

Last edited:
Deströyer 666 - From Genesis to Genocide 10/10
The Krixhjälters - Kill Each Other 0/10
Bolt Thrower - All That Remains 9/10
Carnivore - World Wars III & IV 2/10
Metal Church - Badlands 8/10
Immolation - World Agony 6/10
Polluted Inheritance - Faces 2/10
Terrorizer - After World Obliteration 6/10
Witchaven - Monsanto Death Machine 6/10
Order from Chaos - An Ending in Fire 10/10
Sodom - Burst Command 'til War 9/10
Artillery - Bombfood 3/10
Nuclear Assault - Critical Mass 1/10
Motörhead - Brotherhood of Man 8/10

Just to piss everyone the fuck off.

Oh, and I was super close to submitting either Vitus "War is Our Destiny" or Pagan Altar's "Armageddon" but knew you fags would get all pissy.

I didn't like this playlist very much. Too much death/thrash which are my least favorite of the major subgenres. My ratings are probably super untrve but whatever.

Deströyer 666 - Genesis to Genocide

I like this album but this song drags a bit. Was gonna give it a 5 but the ending changed my mind.
6/10

The Krixhjälters - Kill Each Other

In light of your complaints I made a sincere attempt at disliking this and at least lowering my rating to a 9 or something. It was a bust.
Second coolest band name ever (corruption of the Swedish word krigshjälte, meaning war-hero)
10/10

Bolt Thrower - All That Remains
4/10

Carnivore - World Wars III & IV

While you guys are getting fed up with this band making it into every round I'm just getting increasingly convinced I need to hear their albums. This is fun as hell and the sound is meaty and great.
7/10

Metal Church - Badlands
8/10

Immolation - World Agony

I don't even like classic Immolation.
5/10

Polluted Inheritance - Faces
3/10

Terrorizer - After World Obliteration
5/10

Witchaven - Monsanto Death Machine

Finally some actual good riffs. Not loving the vocals but it's a decent song.
6/10

Order From Chaos - An Ending in Fire
4/10

Sodom - Burst Command 'til War
7/10

Artillery - Bombfood

It's only really world destruction-themed in the sense that basically any song about war is. I'm not sure that's what Omni intended when she selected this theme, but then I'm not sure it isn't either. I appreciate it bringing some actual melody to this playlist though.
6/10

Nuclear Assault - Critical Mass
6/10

Motörhead - Brotherhood of Man
7/1Ö

Deströyer 666, Genesis To Genocide - 6/10, Nice, pounding, and epic. Could've done a lot more with that 10 minute run time though.
The Krixhjälters, Kill Each Other - 6.5/10, Some really kicking punk rock-ish melody intermingled with some more abrasive thrash metal parts, almost always vaguely upbeat though, which probably stems from the key it was written in. Decent.
Bolt Thrower, All That Remains - 6/10, Some decent death metal with some really cool Warhammer 40K looking cover art.
Carnivore, World Wars III and IV - 5.5/10, The disembodied, seemingly artificially low pitched vocals remind me of ZZ Top's Manic Mechanic for some reason. If they were more agressive and backed by slightly above average thrash metal. I can also hear some hardcore punk to this thing for sure. Also, the Star Spangled Banner at the end was kinda funny. Overall, just too damn long (stop taking songwriting lessons from 21st century Iron Maiden).
Metal Church, Badlands - 8.5/10, You may be legally deceased if this shit doesn't get you headbanging to kingdom come during its peaks. Bright, fiery, melodic guitar leads, thumping percussion which can do both standard 4/4 80's metal stuff in addition to jangling cymbal/high hat tapping, and epic soaring tenor vocals from the legendary Mike Howe.
Immolation, World Agony - 5.5/10, The guitar is, to have some candor, the only thing that really stands out on this song. Superb playing. Other than that, the vocals are the average cookie cutter death metal stuff, and the drummer is good, but not terribly inspired to say the least.
Polluted Inheritance, Faces - 4/10, Bleh.
Terrorizer, After World Obliteration - 5/10, Half decent but overall generic grindcore.
Witchaven, Monsanto Death Machine - 8.5/10, Love the janky melodies on those guitars man, reminds me of Tony Iommi's playing on early Sabbath stuff, and particularly Randy Rhoads' epic intro riff for the titular track of Ozzy's Diary of A Madman. Exceedingly punchy tempo and melody, even when it goes into the normal black metal swaying. Great, ultra guttural vocals, I feel like I'm in a room with a hellspawned animal frothing the word of Satan from his mouth. I have to buy a shirt and some albums from these guys ASAP.
Order From Chaos, An Ending In Fire - 6.5/10, Decent, but doesn't seem to go much of anywhere.
Sodom, Burst Command 'Til War - 7.5/10, Classic vocals from Tommy here, marvelous speedbag sounding drumming, some proto-black metal guitar. Hell, this whole thing is intensely proto-black metal. Too repetitious though. At least they probably understood that and maintained good brevity and all.
Artillery, Bombfood - 7/10, A melodious cyclone of a song complete with beautifully phrased, speed demon guitar and raging, quasi-operatic NWOBHM-esque howling. I would love to rate this much higher, but its thematic incongruousness bars me from slapping any more points on it.
Nuclear Assault, Critical Mass - 7/10, Punkish and thrashy with Mark Tornillo's higher strung little brother on vocals. Killer.
Motörhead, Brotherhood of Man - 8/10, March Ör Die's title track with some electricity and balls. Lemmy sounds like the voice of the grim reaper himself on this one.

Deströyer 666 - From Genesis to Genocide
Enjoyable enough blackishness with good riffs. 7/10.

Sounds decent and aggressive at times but almost Blink 182ish at other moments. 6/10.

This is awesome. Keeps chugging along but those vox man! 8/10.

Probably my favorite Carnivore song. There's a demo version of it on their other album that I like more which I should've recommended but WHATEVER. 10/10.

Metal Church - Badlands
A fun, rockin' tune. 6/10.

Immolation - World Agony
Pretty dang bland gang. 5/10.

Just like the song above but worse. 4/10.

Solid old school aggression. 6/10.

Not much to dislike here folks. Loved them vocals. 8/10.

Order from Chaos - An Ending in Fire
I'm getting an Inquisition vibe from the vox which typically ain't a good thing. The rest ok the song is aight. 5/10.

Oh Sodom, you are so great and evil. Lovely pick. 8/10.

Artillery - Bombfood
Man that section in the middle really saves this from being quite very really bad. But yeah it picks up for sure. Good melody throughout though. 6/10.

It's listenable. So there's that. Sounds very by-the-numbers. 4/10.

Very cool tune. Laid back but not really. 7/10.

Sorry, I have been seriously ill for the last few days. How many ratings do we have now?

Pretty meh and way too long 4/10

Good bits, shit bits 5/10

Should have been World Eater but still pretty great 8/10

SPLOSION 4/10

Metal Church - Badlands
I never liked this band. This is the song I'm most familiar with of theirs. It's crap. 3/10

Immolation - World Agony
Not bad 7/10

Not on theme but I dig the music 6/10

My kind of grind. This album is in my top 3 of the genre. Sandoval is an absolute beast. Raw and controlled at the same time. 10/10

Eh 4/10

Ok 5.5/10

Pretty shit 4/10

Artillery - Bombfood
Cheesefest 4.5/10

Liked this a lot. I've only got Survive and this sounds much better. 8/10

Pretty different for Motörhead. I liked it 7.5/10

I had high hopes for this list but most of it sucked.

I won't rate because I didn't play this round because I had a hard time finding a track on theme but I'm really curious about the second band on the list. Will have to listen to this playlist tonight.

10/10 i always skip the intro bullshit but this is one of my favorite d666 songs.

3/10 can't stand crossover. the clean vocals don't fit at all

8/10 Bolt Thrower is cool

4/10 i saw this band when they played at a local venue. didn't like them then and still don't now

Metal Church - Badlands
6/10 i like the vocals but found this pretty boring

Immolation - World Agony
5/10 pedestrian Immolation

4/10 doesn't fit the theme. very listenable for a technical band

7/10 there's about 5 grind albums i listen to. this is one of them

4/10 bouncy thrash with harsh vocals. weak

9/10 cleans the sour taste left by that Witchaven track