Themed Mixtape Game

I just hope I got stakes on my incredibly blatant first choice, hopefully you all hate the subgenre enough to have not picked it. If not, my second pick is good as well, but marginally less obvious.

Horror movies are generally a good place to start if you want to find a good cinema-related metal song. Just avoid Iron Maiden though, they're too damn obvious when it comes to this, particularly on the Somewhere In Time album which is heavily inspired by Blade Runner.

The only thing Blade Runner about that album is the cover art.

The only thing Blade Runner about that album is the cover art.
Yeah, sure, they only opened every show of the ensuing tour with the main theme to the movie, wrote an assload of cyberpunk lyrics, and did the promo photography for the album with paraphernalia from the movie...

What's cyberpunk about the lyrics on that album? The closest thing would be simply "From the coast of gold", if interpreted to being about a skyline at night rather than a literal coast of gold. Yeah, they were jumping head-first into a sci-fi/cyberpunk aesthetic as a conscious decision to move away from their earlier fantasy lyrics.

I concede on the lyrics, but I would say Blade Runner has a hell of an impact on the album given literally all the artwork on everything including the singles makes reference to it. They did the promo photos in Deckard's Spinner for Christ's sake.

i had no strong connection to any of the songs i tried, googled just like all you cockfiends

I submitted my favorite song by a pretty awesome band just because it happened to fit the theme.

i don't get how people into metal could have this opinion, or any kind of intellectual snobbery really. most of it is lowbrow as fuck, even when it's trying not to be.

Well, for one, metal is an acquired taste. "Movies" as a whole, are not. I think his statement was correct in that movies as an art form are the most accessible to the common people, the public. You can't just put metal on in a doctor's office waiting room or something. Movies, you can. I'm sure there are acquired taste genres of movies but that's not what the comparison was.

can't reply properly right now, but movies that are an acquired taste fall under the banner of 'movies' as a whole, so you're contradicting yourself. it's just silly to generalise about a huge wide-ranging medium imo, unless youre some insanely elitist artsnob that wouldnt pay 99% of metal any heed either.

Reactions: CiG
CINEMA PLAYLIST

Possessed - The Exorcist
Boba Fett - Zombie Holocaust
Dokken - Dream Warriors
Reverend Bizarre - Blood on Satan's Claw
Hexx - Sardonicus (no youtube of the song, only the EP - click the timestamp in the video info)
Crydebris - Mononoke Picture
Death - Evil Dead
Godflesh - Dream Long Dead
Satan's Host - Strongest of the Night
Blood Freak - Gobble Up Your Guts Part 2 Revenge Of The Turkey Monster
Blood Farmers - Headless Eyes
Blind Guardian - Time What Is Time
Deicide - Dead By Dawn
Witchfinder General - Witchfinder General
Iced Earth - Damien