Themed Mixtape Game

According to a topic I made asking people who influenced them, he is the biggest. That doesn't change the fact that the majority of the "in-crowd" here does not favor Heathen despite your claims to the contrary.

Mort is a fan of early Heathen too iirc, or at least used to be.

Blood Stained Dusk and Judas Iscariot are likely less familiar to you because they're American black metal (Blood Stained Dusk being from Alabama and Judas Iscariot being from Illinois), a scene that doesn't get enough attention compared to the other black metal scenes in my opinion (I only became aware of their existence because I'm a pathetic total freak about looking for new bands to sink my teeth into). If you want to start exploring Judas Iscariot, To Embrace The Corpses Bleeding is a great start, and Blood Stained Dusk's Dirge of Death's Silence is an obssesive Emperor homage to be reckoned with.

I'm aware of plenty of US black metal such as: Absu, Averse Sefira, Tearstained, Night Conquers Day, Grand Belial's Key, Demoncy, Profanatica, Von, etc. I've known about Judas Iscariot for years (pretty sure they're among the most well known), but I've never listened to them for whatever reason, I probably assumed they were shitty like Xasthur or Leviathan or something. Thanks for the recs though, I'll look into them.

Edit: forgot Averse Sefira!

Last edited:
Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
I'm aware of plenty of US black metal such as: Absu, Tearstained, Night Conquers Day, Grand Belial's Key, Demoncy, Profanatica, Von, etc. I've known about Judas Iscariot for years (pretty sure they're among the most well known), but I've never listened to them for whatever reason, I probably assumed they were shitty like Xasthur or Leviathan or something. Thanks for the recs though, I'll look into them.
Impressive work, most metalheads only look into the Norwegian and Euro stuff from what I've seen. I love Von and Profanatica especially. Nah, they're leagues above Xasthur and Leviathan in my opinion.
Here's the rec of Blood Stained Dusk:

And here's the Judas Iscariot rec:

Mort likes a lot of great things, but he has too many opinions that are totally at odds with the other "in-crowd" members for him to be a part of it.

That said, I think the concept of the "in-crowd" is idiotic and totally flawed as an argument against the music taste of others.

Reactions: The Butt and CiG
Mort is one of the most in-crowd people there, but I don't really consider you to be in-crowd, you like pretty much everything.

How does one apply for an in-crowd card?

Pretty sure it's hopeless for me because I listen to brutal death metal tho.

So what signifies an in-crowdian exactly? And who's the original personality everyone apparently conforms to if they're in-crowd?

Just a casual question from a confused anti-conformist trying to respect other cultures.

Krow can't be in the in-crowd because he rated Amon Goeth very low and they're apparently one of the signature in-crowd bands since they spawned this entire conversation.