Themed Mixtape Game

Krow can't be in the in-crowd because he rated Amon Goeth very low and they're apparently one of the signature in-crowd bands since they spawned this entire conversation.

They sound like a band that you would bring up. Just like fucking Dai The Advent. Obscure czech shit that's kinda average and it surprises me whenever I see that kind of stuff mentioned again.

I wouldn't call Amon Goeth in-crowd, they're just garbage that I would expect an in-crowd person to be OK with.

I also like Agolloch, Emperor, Ulver, some Opeth, Setherial's Nord, which don't seem to be in-crowd bands.

I suppose none of that matters though because I have a The Chasm avatar, think that Testament are nowhere near being a great thrash band and like Amon Goeth?

It's funny though, because the trad/power, thrash and death/thrash that you do like is generally regarded pretty highly here, as is the select black metal you seemingly arbitrarily decide you like.

Blame it on @Slayed Necros because he got me into Dai and Amon Goeth.

If anything people should mention Debustrol Vyznání Smrti and Törr Kladivo na čarodějnice demos? Those are important. I remember our mutual friend liked to mention Hřbitov which was utter randomness.

When I started posting here around when The Mantle was released, Agalloch was definitely in-crowd. Nowdays they aren't apparently (Pale Folklore is still amazing tho).

It's funny how general opinions on things change over time. I mean when Reinkaos was released nobody liked it, but nowdays alot of people hold it as the definite Dissection album and some kind of black metal (wtf btw?) Staple.

When I started posting here around when The Mantle was released, Agalloch was definitely in-crowd. Nowdays they aren't apparently (Pale Folklore is still amazing tho).

It's funny how general opinions on things change over time. I mean when Reinkaos was released nobody liked it, but nowdays alot of people hold it as the definite Dissection album and some kind of black metal (wtf btw?) Staple.

I remember when Reinkaos was released and I enjoyed it myself. I still remember specific instances when I listened to it, like when I was riding a bike and I had it in my headphones. Strange album. I'm now thinking about revisiting it after those ten years.

EDIT: I was into more melodic shit back then, also Amon Amarth and others.

EDIT: Actually that was even earlier because I remember liking Versus The World and then how Fate Of Norns was the new one and I didn't like it as much and that's 2004.

Last edited:
Reinkaos is an album that I probably won't ever get into.

@Onder

I'm aware of Törr.

The thing about Törr is that only Kladivo na čarodějnice aka Witchhammer is important imo. The rest can fuck off. I also have similar opinions on Root where I consider albums like Kargeras utter shite and I don't get the positive reviews all over the trendy internet shitholes.

I think I agree with both of these observations.

I don't really mind the discussion happening, but could some of you guys at least get your ratings in before you fire off the next 50 round salvo of "WHO'S IN MY FAVORITE ARBITRARY CLUB OF I LIKE THIS AND HATE THIS" or whatever the everloving nebulous fuck you guys keep yammering about?

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
I posted my ratings already, so I'm allowed to do whatever I feel like.

hbb you weren't even around when this board was genuinely and ridiculously in-crowdy

anyway let's get back to ratings thx

I actually generally avoided this forum the first couple years after joining because it seemed like every discussion was a giant shitfest of people trying to impress each other. I even preferred the Brave Board at the time.