Themed Mixtape Game

Except arg could never elicit the lamentation of any women, (even he could, he's tone deaf, so he couldn't hear it) especially not the ones on this forum.

Type O Negative - Unsuccessfully Coping with the Natural Beauty of Infidelity
1/10
if "formulate a change of discern" was converted into music i'd imagine this is what it sounds like

Titan Force - Lord of Desire
7/10
singer sounds like the guy from Nevermore

Ava Inferi - The Living End
2/10
i suppose this would be tolerable if you had some goth cutter girlfriend that played this shit once in awhile

Savatage - Out on the Streets
5/10
christmas metal guy. this is pretty lame but listenable

Slauter Xstroyes - No Idea
7.5/10
cool song

Slayer - Necrophiliac
9/10
classic Slayer

Gehennah - We Love Alcohol
6/10
alcohol metal gets old after like 10 minutes

Secrecy - A New Beginning
8/10
fuck, this is pretty heavy for prog metal

Converge - Heaven in Her Arms
3/10
sounds like watered down Slaughter of the Soul to me. the song seems a lot longer than 4 minutes. lol at this youtube comment "i try to read the lyrics alongside the song, and all i hear is a bird screeching "bawk bawk bawwkk" over and over"

Amon Goeth - In Love with Satan
5/10
i'm going to starbucks this weekend and i'll ask the patrons their opinion of Amon Goeth. i'll let you guys know how it goes. intro is way too long and not much happens once the mehtul starts

Motörhead - Love Me Like a Reptile
6/10
this is okay but i can't see myself wanting to listen to this on my own time

Danzig - Girl
5.5/10
better than i expected tbh

Miasma - Love Song (To a Lost Little Girl)
8/10
Changes is textbook GMD in-crowd metal but i'm pretty sure no one gave a shit about this EP. i haven't listened to this in years, but Changes is a top 10-15 death metal album for me. this song is more experimental than anything on the album.

Night Conquers Day - Banished from My Eyes
6.5/10
never heard this before. shitty atmosynths, echoey vokills and rough transitions throughout the song. not sure if this is a good representation of the band or not but this is something i'd look into

Thin Lizzy - Wild One

7/10
cool song. not metal though

6.5/10
never heard this before. shitty atmosynths, echoey vokills and rough transitions throughout the song. not sure if this is a good representation of the band or not but this is something i'd look into

You might like their second and final album more. It still features light use of synths, not sure if that's a deal breaker for you.

back when you started posting here this was true, but i don't think it is anymore. i've honestly barely seen it mentioned this past few years.

I mentioned it not long ago in the "Albums Kicking Your Ass" thread. It's supposed to be being reissued soon. Maybe it will see a resurgence then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anom@nder Rake
Type O Negative - Unsuccessfully Coping with the Natural Beauty of Infidelity
8.5/10
Sure it's a bit overlong, but only a bit. It's really massive and dynamic, and droll in that signature TON way.

Titan Force - Lord of Desire
8/10
Some mighty UPSM here, sounds a lot like Jag Panzer, but that's no surprise, considering it's the same singer.

Ava Inferi - The Living End
9/10
This may not be their most metal offering, but we've got a few ballads on the list anyway. While the heaviness takes a back seat here, this is brooding and atmospheric, make no mistake about it. The kind of marriage that creates stuff like this is one I'd like to have. I'm speaking of course of the marriage between guitarist Rune Eriksen, aka Blasphemer, and singer Carmen Simões.

Savatage - Out On The Streets
5.5/10
Sounds too much like a butt rock ballad for my taste.

Slauter Xstroyes - No Idea
8.5/10
I can already tell this will be better than the previous track from the get-go. It's got the pathos we need. Something about the vocals just gives me a vague sense of nostalgia, for no discenable reason.

Slayer - Necrophiliac
5/10
You do realize that when Tom Araya is being facetious when he describes it as a "love ballad" when playing live, right? This is just about lust for dead bodies in general. Sticking your dick into a corpse does not a love song make.

Gehennah - We Love Alcohol
3.5/10
Are you just looking at things and saying you love them? This is a hmyn to Bacchus, not Cupid. The reason I don't think it should fit is that, if you but take out the words "WE LOVE ALCOHOL" from the song, you would lack even that tenuous connection to the topic. That broad of an interpretation of the theme would basically include anyone singing about stuff they enjoy.

Secrecy - A New Beginning
8/10
Catchy chorus.

Converge - Heaven in her Arms
8/10
This strikes a good balance between discordant, angular riffing and more melodic elements, without having any of the -core components which really rub me the wrong way. It may not exactly be metal, but it's surely more at home here than on a non-metal playlist.

Amon Goeth - In Love With Satan
7/10
It's long and drawn out, but it didn't bore me at least. The riffs are fairly catchy in their own way. I can't really say how much it fits the topic as the lyrics are unavailable; however, as Satan can be construed as a "person", it logically follows that one could love him.

Motorhead - Love Me Like a Reptile
8/10
Yeah, it's Motorhead alright.

Danzig - Girl
7/10
I've never been a big fan of Danzig in general. This serves well enough, but not to any spectacular degree.

Miasma - Love Song (To a Lost Girl)
6/10
Deserves credit for fitting the subject in its own perverse way. However, while it's not without it's high points, it gets rather monotonous after a while.

8/10
A solid BM pick.

Thin Lizzy - Wild One
8/10
I can see the appeal in this.

The theme is LOVE not LOVE (OF A PERSON OR PEOPLE).

For someone so picky about how love is interpreted in the lyrics, you sure don't seem too picky about how the genre is represented in the songs.

If the theme is simply LOVE without any other qualifiers, I'm just going to assume that it refers to interpersonal attraction of one type or another. That is how I choose to interpret it. Most people wouldn't call "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" a love song, after all.

If I were picky about whether each song is unambiguously metal, I certainly wouldn't let that Thin Lizzy song slide. That Branikald song and that Sort Vokter ambient track had nary an ounce of metal, even if they were the output of otherwise metal bands. Is it different now on account of the fact that this theme has already been played in the non-metal game?

Is Converge further from metal than Necrophiliac is from love?

No, clearly there is some metal element in Converge. It's certainly debatable whether they are, in fact, a metal band, but that also indicates that it would questionable to classify them as a "non-metal" band.

Type O Negatives - Unsuccessfully Coping with the Natural Beauty of Infidelity - 5
long and uninteresting

Titan Force - Lord of Desire - 5
whiny singer

Ava Inferi - The Living End - 10
beautiful and epic

Savatage - Out On The Streets - 6
needs catchier riffs and more of a climax

Slauter Xstroyes - No Idea - 5
boring

Slayer - Necrophiliac - 10
badass. the love of sticking your dick in a corpse is legit

Gehennah - We Love Alcohol - 9