Themed Mixtape Game

You might like their second and final album more. It still features light use of synths, not sure if that's a deal breaker for you.

I mentioned it not long ago in the "Albums Kicking Your Ass" thread. It's supposed to be being reissued soon. Maybe it will see a resurgence then.

yea i mean that song sounded amateurish but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. it kinda reminded me of Blut as Nord's first album which rules but has it's awkward / weird moments. you're the poster boy for the new generation of the in-crowd btw ;)

titan force singer is the guy from jag panzer & satan's host btw

yea i meant in a vague sense he sounded like the Nevermore guy when he was in that band in the 80s. i can't be bothered to look up their name.

Keepin’ the word count down.

Type O Negative – Unsuccessfully Copying…
(7/10) Interesting.

Titan Force – Lord of Desire
(6/10) Chugga Chugga

Ava Inferi – The Living End
(4/10) Comments disabled.

Savatage – Out On The Streets
(5/10) Average ballad.

Slauter Xstroyes – No Idea
(7/10) Beginning reminds me of a Lynyrd Skynyrd song.

Slayer – Necrophilac
(10/10) Probably my favorite track on ‘Hell Awaits’.

Gehennah – We Love Alcohol
(4/10) The cover reminds me of ‘Anthrax – Fistful of Metal’.

Secrecy – A New Beginning
(7/10) Solid.

Converge – Heaven In Her Arms
(3/10) Not much to like here.

Amon Goeth – In Love With Satan
(5/10) Wish they cut the first two minutes out, doesn’t set much of a stage.

Motorhead – Love Me Like A Reptile
(6/10) I haven’t listened to much Motorhead.

Danzig – Girl
(5/10) Nothing special here.

Miasma – Love Song
(3/10) argghhghghgghhgh. Poetic.

Night Conquers Day – Banished From My Eyes
(5/10) I thought I was going crazy because the picture slowly got bigger during the video.

Thin Lizzy – Wild One
(5/10) Probably should be non-metal.

I find it weird how purist you people have become all of a sudden with regards to what is or isn't genre-appropriate for this game. The game was never even officially metal-only in the first place and here you're all downrating Thin Lizzy like you're obligated to.

I find it weird how purist you people have become all of a sudden with regards to what is or isn't genre-appropriate for this game. The game was never even officially metal-only in the first place and here you're all downrating Thin Lizzy like you're obligated to.
There wasn't a non-metal game when this one started. Things have changed.

Reactions: CiG and Baroque
Rock tracks have always been downrated, at least since I started playing and people were nuking ZZ Top. It's not some new phenomenon.

I just went back and checked and it was literally just TB complaining about ZZ Top. Ironically Thin Lizzy was also in that round and he had no issue with it.

If the theme is simply LOVE without any other qualifiers, I'm just going to assume that it refers to interpersonal attraction of one type or another. That is how I choose to interpret it. Most people wouldn't call "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" a love song, after all.

If I were picky about whether each song is unambiguously metal, I certainly wouldn't let that Thin Lizzy song slide. That Branikald song and that Sort Vokter ambient track had nary an ounce of metal, even if they were the output of otherwise metal bands. Is it different now on account of the fact that this theme has already been played in the non-metal game?

So you're going to make a specific interpretation out of a vague theme in order to limit the possible interpretations available? That's moronic.

Honestly, it should be on the theme selector to filter qualifying tracks. If the person who selected the theme allows the track, it should be rated according to theme adherence and taste of the person rating. Just to get everyone on the same page and stop down rating non-metal tracks.

I whine about having to listen to overtly shitty music, but I don't really whine about other peoples ratings.

Honestly, it should be on the theme selector to filter qualifying tracks. If the person who selected the theme allows the track, it should be rated according to theme adherence and taste of the person rating. Just to get everyone on the same page and stop down rating non-metal tracks.
Winning is already enough work. I think it's a much better idea to let people submit what they want and let everyone roast them in the ratings. People are going to have a moan anyway, who cares.

You all flogged me when I did that in non metal when I found @Satanstoenail song inappropriate. And I just wanted the songs to stick to the theme.
My submission did stick to the theme, that was the problem. If the theme can't be open to interpretation, then the game basically sucks.