Themed Mixtape Game

Very nice theme, metal needs more positivity.

EDIT: I'll add that I'll be awarding bonus points to songs about ambition that really address the feeling directly rather than being about an ambitious person/thing cuz from a quick check over what I thought would be easy choices, I'm having a hard time thinking of one myself. There's only one very obvious song I can think of that does it, and I'm not picking that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegard Pompey
I don't think ambition is necessarily a positive theme. I had one specific song in mind when I came up with this theme and it's rather dark. (I'll tell you what it was if no one picks it.)

Yeah, ambition+failure would be neat too. Someone could nominate A Sorcerer's Pledge a second time.

9 submissions so far, could use a few more. A few people have mentioned having difficulty coming up with a good pick, which surprises me. I thought it'd be an easy theme. I can think of enough songs for this theme to populate a full mixtape.

ehhh dragons was probably the easiest theme so far lol

once the list is published you should tell us the ones you thought of that aren't there, i'll probably be kicking myself

Yeah dragons was definitely one of the easier themes, there's loads of metal songs about them.

I wouldn't mind having a shorter list, do you have 10 yet?

I'll be at 10 once I get Carpe's resubmission. I'd like to hear other people's opinions on whether or not a shorter mixtape is preferred. I personally think 10 sounds pretty low considering the rating period is like two weeks at the current pace of the game. I was actually thinking of explicitly calling out some people (like @TechnicalBarbarity seeing as you're back) to get more submissions.

I've been really bad at participating in this game lately but I haven't had the time at all, will probably have more time when summer kicks in, but then maybe everyone is on vacations and shit and nobody posts anyway. :p