Themed Mixtape Game

So I was just working away, minding my own business, and all of a sudden I felt uneasy and the wind picked up and started howling... Then far away somewhere I heard what can only be described as the sound of a thousand in-crowders gasping and scoffing in disgust.

Do something.

larsen-bends-9-iron.gif

Phylactery is right on this, but of course these wankers are too wimpy to admit it. Darkthrone are not a product of bad musicianship, they intentionally dumbed down their playing in order to reach different goals.

At least have the balls and quality of character to admit when you're wrong.

I don't listen to Darkthrone so I don't know that I'm wrong. I judged based on this song alone.

Warning - Footprints
1/10.
You guys have officially made me hate this album. This song is whiny. Everything this band does is whiny. I'm not sure how they got accepted into the in crowd. I've bought both this bands albums and 40 Watt Sun's full length in the hopes of the promised doom metal experience. I was given whiny emo bullshit instead every fucking time. Saying this is dependence on love is proof of its testicleless whinery.

Fueled by Fire - Forsaken Deity
3/10.
Totally uninteresting thrash metal.

Rigor Mortis - Speedwhore
5/10.

Dark Angel - Pain's Invention, Madness
3/10.
Yuck.

Cannibal Corpse - Addicted to Vaginal Skin
9/10.
A lot of you pathetic wimps are knocking this. Gore soaked precursor to bdm. The first song on this list that didn't suck.

Dødheimsgard - The Snuff Dreams Are Made Of
5/10.

Impaled Nazarene - The Horny and the Horned
8/10. Fuck.

Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
7.5/10.
I love this but I feel like it's barely on topic

Johnny Touch - Black Company
8.5/10.
Great song.

Grave - Obsessed
9/10.
Grave is the best Swedish death metal band and it's on display here.

Loudness - Clockwork Toy
5/10.

Kreator - Mental Slavery
8/10.

Acid Bath - Tranquilized
8.5/10.

Saint Vitus - Dependence
8/10. At least we ended with some strong songs.

I can definitely see the "emo" complaint and where you're coming from, even though I love that band and 40 Watt Sun.

Sometimes I like to be emotionally drained in the same way some douchey tumblr grrl is drained by listening to Taylor Swift songs all night.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
Well, I reckon that listening to Taylor Swift would be emotionally draining in an entirely different way. Although I'm not sure if people who are genuine fans of her music are capable of particularly deep emotional states.

I don't care if he doesn't like it, but when his criticisms are so off base, such as "We're such anarchists we don't even learn scales or modes!", then I thought I'd correct him. Soulside Journey is evidence this is false. Also, Under a Funeral Moon is the in-crowd's favourite Darkthrone, and no it isn't mine.

Panzerfaust. My first and favorite Darkthrone record.

Reactions: CiG
Warning - Footprints
The music is pretty enjoyable, but I'm not huge on the vocal delivery here. But it's nice and melodic and the ending hit the sweet spot. 7/10.

Fueled by Fire -
Forsaken Deity
Not really feeling this one. It's OK, but definitely not as aggressive as I'd want it to be. 5/10.

Rigor Mortis -
Speedwhore
Awesome bass, excellent tempo, I'm in! 7/10.

Dark Angel -
Pain's Invention, Madness
Pretty average stuff here. Good melody, OK vocals. 5/10.

Cannibal Corpse -
Addicted to Vaginal Skin
Sorry, never been a fan of this type o'shit. 2/10.

Dødheimsgard -
The Snuff Dreams Are Made Of
This is pretty badass. I forgot about these guys. 8/10.

Impaled Nazarene -
The Horny and the Horned
Another band I haven't been paying much attention to of late. Cassette's pick? 10/10.

Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger

One of my favorite black metal songs. That riff! And to people who say it's not on theme, vampires DEPEND on human blood to survive. It's their Transilvanian Hunger... 10/10.

Johnny Touch -
Black Company
Cool intro. Eerie whispers and screams are welcome. Cool occult vibe. 7/10.

Grave -
Obsessed
Some good death metal here. 6/10.

Loudness -
Clockwork Toy
I kinda tuned this one out. 4/10.

Kreator -
Mental Slavery
Pretty fun, rockin tune. 6/10.

Acid Bath -
Tranquilized
Second half definitely better than the first. 6/10.

Saint Vitus -
Dependence
It's like too obvious. Not bad though. 5/10.

Dude. Hurry up. I have a long weekend and wanna get a game in this month.

Also Baroque has great taste for the most part. I've noticed we rate similarly regularly. It maka me feel less alone in a crowd of fart and cymbals fans.

Reactions: Baroque