Boring as fuck

Rigor Mortis -
Speedwhore 7/10

Dark Angel -
Pain's Invention, Madness 3/10
Yeah this pretty much fucking sucks.

Cannibal Corpse -
Addicted to Vaginal Skin 6/10
I actually quite like old Cannibal Corpse. Used to worship the fuck out of them. I still dig em but don't really care to listen to them. I don't have much to say about this. It's death metal.

Dødheimsgard -
The Snuff Dreams Are Made Of 5/10
No thanks

Impaled Nazarene -
The Horny and the Horned 8/10
Fuck yes! I really need to get into this band.

Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger 9/10

Johnny Touch -
Black Company 8/10

Grave -
Obsessed 6/10
Yep, this is Swedish death metal.

Loudness -
Clockwork Toy 9/10

Kreator -
Mental Slavery 7/10
Sounds like thrash metal

Acid Bath -
Tranquilized 6/10
Once shit slowed down holy fuck those are grooving jams.

Saint Vitus -
Dependence 8/10
Vitus doing what they do best.

I think we've got like 11 ratings. I haven't had much time to be online lately. If any of the people who haven't rated could do so asap that'd be just lovely thanks.

Warning, Footprints - 6.5/10, Crunchy, thumping guitar with tonally emotive and evocative chord progression. Believe it or not, I enjoy this singer, contrary to most of the opinions espoused here. He sounds reminiscent of an uncanny fusion of John Fogerty and Johnny Rotten singing doom metal. Drums do their basic duties as doom metal drums, keeping pace rhythmically and adding surplus oomph to the sluggish soundscape. Too simple provided its runtime for my tastes, but not mindless. Thematic.

Fueled By Fire, Forsaken Deity - 6/10, Cool introductory riffage, like a doom/thrash fusion. Singer reminds me a lot of Steve Souza if he had a clearer singing voice, good stuff. Love the cheesiness of this sort of stuff, where would we metalheads be without the juvenile edgelord "SCREW THE CHRISTIANS!" songs? Thematic.

Rigor Mortis, Speed Whore - 5/10, For a song entitled "Speed Whore", I was expecting some sleazy thrash of speed metal. Ah, there it is, was waiting for that tempo to jump like a rabid alley cat. Beauteous little guitar intro, adore that sort of melodiousness. Jangly bass and tough guy vocals are ultra-typical but enjoyable and competently executed. I have a hunch this song would vastly superior if you upped the production to give the song the knockout punch potential it truly holds. Thematic.

Dark Angel, Pain's Invention, Madness - 7/10, Superlatively variant guitar riffing, keeps you on your toes musically, and still thrashes like hell. Drums serve their befitted purpose in a thrash song, Ron could vary his dynamics more, but still does a kickass job. Sounds like modern James Hetfield without the radio rock yokel tone, and, you know, singing actual motherfucking thrash metal. Guitar soloing is superb, effusively melodic amd harmonic, and fits in tightly. Thematic.

Cannibal Corpse, Addicted To Vaginal Skin - 4/10, The saddest part about Cannibal Corpse for me? That I might find them authentically and reasonably listenable if it weren't for the walking Chinese back alley coathanger abortion that is George Fischer handling vocal duties. This faggot hasn't been worth touching with a HAZMAT kit and barbed javelin since his days with Monstrosity. One of death metal's worst vocalists by a country ass mile, complete with uninteresting pig grunts and unfathomably vomitous cookie monster technique. Decent guitar work, drumming ain't bad, just needs a little more groove. Thematic.

Dødheimsgard, The Snuff Dreams Are Made Out Of - 2/10, The fuck? Who rented an Apache, how'd the band get it in the studio, and why'd they replace their drummer with it? Someone needs to inform these autistic dregs that it's a double bass drum with kicks, not a USAF gunship. That means you use it to provide your song with rhythm and groove boys and girls, not make a second, overdue declaration of war against the Vietnamese. Guitarist just seems confused, poor bastard, he didn't know he'd enlisted in the air force, as helmed by Downie Boy and The Funky Bunch over here. The hell even is the polyphony at the end? It's just retarded and more out of place than a Klansman at a NAACP board meeting. Thematic.

Impaled Nazarene, The Horny and The Horned - 8/10, Ferocity, thy name is Impaled Nazarene. Holy balls, you wanna talk a searing, chainsaw-ripping black metal assault? This is it. Vocalist is a freaking animal, guitars tear like a feral lion into a gazelle's hide, and the drums are the sonic equivalent of 20mm auto cannons. Thematic.

Darkthrone, Transilvanian Hunger - 8.5/10, Classic Darkthrone, unadulterated vileness of atmosphere, drenched with a ceaseless, oozing deluge of minor key solemnity and malice. Riff is a black metal masterstroke, Nocturno's vocals are ethereal and foul all at once, drumming is genre defining, a true masterpiece. Thematic.

Johnny Touch, Black Company - 4.5/10, Bland to the power of Dane Cook acoustic intro, leads into an abbreviated yet far more inspired bit of electric guitar work. Alright vocals, nothing terribly eye-catching though. Overall, horrendously ennui-inducing until nigh five minutes when the palm-mute guitar riffage starts in, starts sounding like a cooler power metal song. Alas, t'was not meant to be and it subsides into the narcoleptic acoustic dronefest once again. Thematic.

Grave, Obsessed - 6.5/10, Guitar is oppressive and crushing, riffs sound as though leviathans are ascending from the depths of the ocean floor, drumming is punchy and virile (a tad over-chuggy at times sadly). Wish I could say the same for the vocals though, someone's been binging way too many cookies... thematic.

Loudness, Clockwork Toy - 7.5/10, NWOBHM-esque freight train of a riff, swinging drums, poppy and strong vocals, particularly on his more extended runs. These solos are part of the reason Akira Takasaki is one of the most underrated guitar legends in heavy metal history. Pretty sure this is thematic, the singer seems to detail being overly dependent on his emotions and the whims of others, and is making an endeavor to break that.

Kreator, Mental Slavery - 8.5/10, Kreator at the peak of their game as thrash legends, guitars groove viciously, melodic licks acting as extraneous flourishes. Petrozza howls savagely throughout the whole damn thing, drums thunder like well-paced blasts of cannon fire. The riffage is the epitome of what thrash should be, soloing is sublime, awe-inspiring mastery of tension and release thorughout the guitar playing in general, the whole song in fact. Thematic.

Acid Bath, Tranquilized - 7.5/10, Hot damn what a foxy riff, it's like Ted Nugent's and Tony Iommi's guitar styles had sex. Talk about bringing that funk as well, someone get James Brown in here. Hazy vocals just complete it all, love it. I think I found where Uncle Acid and The Deadbeats got their non-Black Sabbath inspirations from. Thematic.

Saint Vitus, Dependence - 7/10, Excellently phrased acoustic work, the pitter patter cymbals mixed with the synths drives it home to a tee. Great riffs, great vocals, fantastic doom metal. More impressive atmospheric work than a NASA rocket laboratory. Guitar effects and feedback are serene in an odd way. I worship that fuzzy, slurry tone. Thematic.

It's Chris Barnes on vocals for that Cannibal Corpse song, not Fisher. Barnes is definitely worse, so boring, caricature, and 1 dimensional.
Gotcha. I hate Fischer as well, but that explains why the vocals sounded even more ass than usual. I agree with your critiques, but I'd add that he has atrocious technique and seems incapable of pulling off an actual death growl.

Last edited:
I know it's in crowd to hate on cannibal corpse but saying Barnes was one dimensional there is silly isn't it? He sounds pretty different between Eaten, Tomb, and The Bleeding...

Reactions: CiG and The Ozzman