Themed Mixtape Game

You must be out of your mind. honestly. They are a brutal/tech death band. Nothing more and nothing less. And how the fuck does technicality not describe what they do, when they were also one of granddaddies of that subgenre? They have always been considered highly technical, and the only Gorguts albums that sound somewhat similar to their work are Considered Dead and The Erosion of Sanity .... but that's where their comparison just about completely stops. And i wont even bother linking you to MA, RYM and all the other places that will have TECHNICAL DEATH METAL right next to their names. And I dunno maybe you think technical death metal is just the new school tech-death bands of today?

Avant garde should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as Suffocation. What Suffo album, or song even sounds anything like Obscura, FWTH or Colored Sands(which are still technical death metal albums btw)???

This is quite honestly the worst post i've read form you.

Reading that I feel like the character in your avatar - take a few deep breaths before replying next time please.

I'm not saying they aren't brutal, in the sense of the work being heavy and intense, and I'm not saying they aren't technical, in the sense of their music being difficult to play. What I'm saying is that they aren't a straight up, power chord, palm mute groove and tremelo picked riff oriented band in the same way they were on Effigies, and in the same way their hordes of followers are. Listening to the last two albums, I'd put them in the same box as bands like Immolation, Hate Eternal and (yes) Gorguts, who push the Death Metal envelope in terms of the kind of chord shapes, rhythmic structures and bizarre amelodic leads they employ. They're not as overtly freaky as Gorguts, sure, but they're a far cry from your average BDM band.

And as to Gorguts being technical death metal gtfo. If it's technical, and it's death metal, that doesn't necessarily make it technical death metal.

And as to Gorguts being technical death metal gtfo.

Aaahhhhaqhhahahahha. Please bro, stop embarrassing yourself. That's two sig worthy quotes i have from you.

Oh and just to throw it out there. Gorguts are my favorite DM band. So hearing this nonsense form you is just making my head explode. I swear these last few posts of yours have completely voided any of your opinions as far as death metal goes.

"Gorguts arent technical death metal" :lol:

Last edited:
Here's a band listed as Tech Death that I think you could rightly call Avant Garde Death, not that that makes any of the bands mentioned previously fit into this category

Technical Death Metal is stuff like Origin, Obscura, Necrophagist, Psycroptic, Decrepit Birth, etc. Gorguts sounds nothing like any of those bands.

This post clearly shows that your fuckin' clueless as far as technical death metal goes. So what you're saying is that the new school tech-death bands are the only technical death metal bands??? :lol: so fucking clueless.

Here's a band listed as Tech Death that I think you could rightly call Avant Garde Death, not that that makes any of the bands mentioned previously fit into this category

Well it sounds nothing like Suffocation or Gorguts, so I dunno what it proves. Sounds good anyway, if a little stop start - a bit like Sleep Terror.

This post clearly shows that your fuckin' clueless as far as technical death metal goes. So what you're saying is that the new school tech-death bands are the only technical death metal bands??? :lol: so fucking clueless.

What I'm saying is that there's a clear continuity of bands that fall within the tech death tradition, starting with Atheist and Death's later albums, and including stuff like Hieronymous Bosch, Martyr, early Decapitated, and all the bands I listed earlier.

Avant-garde (for lack of a better term) period Gorguts were much more inspired by Legion era Deicide than any of the bands within the tech death tradition. Likewise I wouldn't classify Demilich as technical death metal, even though I've heard people do so.

Avant-garde (for lack of a better term) period Gorguts were much more inspired by Legion era Deicide

ROTFL! I'm truly amazed. I just honestly want you to keep going and see what else you can come up with

And please, The Erosion of Sanity is up there as one of the, if not the greatest technical death metal album of all time you nitwit. So i don't now how you left them out when namedropping Atheist and Death

ROTFL! I'm truly amazed. I just honestly want you to keep going and see what else you can come up with

And please, The Erosion of Sanity is up there as one of the, if not the greatest technical death metal album of all time you nitwit. So i don't now how you left them out when namedropping Atheist and Death

Seriously, you don't hear how Legion influenced Obscura? Go listen to Legion, then get back to me, because you don't know what you're talking about.

As to Erosion of Sanity, it probably shares the most in common with Tech Death of their albums, but it's more jazzy and weird and, like, avant-gard than it is straight up technical.

making a really unsubtle alt (i think a few people have independently noticed at this point) and then continuing to deny her identity even after she's been called out is pretty much the most omni thing possible.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey